Main Menu

Mega Man Collections?

Started by GUnitCOlima, October 02, 2013, 04:44:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUnitCOlima

I took this pic for my Mega Man obsession video a while back.  It's my collection so far.  What are your collections like?  What is on your short list right now?  If you are new to the series after finding out about Mighty No 9 which Mega Man game are you going to give a try first?

The doves added for effect lol

Demon_skeith

damn man, that is impressive. I assume you have megaman 9 and 10?

My collection isn't that big, I might have the SNES Megaman X. I do have megaman X5 and X6, both megaman collections, legends on PS1, x hunter, and megaman X on PSP.

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "Demon_skeith"damn man, that is impressive. I assume you have megaman 9 and 10?

My collection isn't that big, I might have the SNES Megaman X. I do have megaman X5 and X6, both megaman collections, legends on PS1, x hunter, and megaman X on PSP.

Awesome man.   really can't describe the feeling I got when I saw the intro video to Legends on PS1.  i think it's very similar to the feelings i've had since this Mighty No 9 rollercoaster began.

MechaGS

You're collection is amazing GUnit. Definitely the best one I've seen on the internet.

Much like Demon_skeith, my collection isn't very big. I have:

- Mega Man X: 1, 2 and 3 on SNES

- Battle Network: 1, 2 and 3 for GBA

- Mega Man: 1, 2 and 3 on Wii U

- Mega Man: 9 and 10 on PSN

- Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up on PSP (my PSP is busted so re-purchased Mav Hun X on PSN store for my Vita but couldn't buy Powered Up)

I always wanted the Mega Man Collection and Mega Man X Collection but neither got released outside of the US. I should have imported the PS2 versions but I didn't in the end.

My plan is to go back and collect them all after the year (the physical I don't have). That'll be a nice challenge.

EDIT #1: As a christmas present for myself, just bought Mega Man X Collection (PS2). Will take two weeks to get here though. :(

EDIT #2: Well, I've just ordered the Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, brand new and sealed), so I really will have Mega Man keeping me busy! :D

NinjablazerZero

Haha, that's pretty awesome. I myself don't have any of the cartridges or original discs for most of the games, even though I've played them all except Legends 2 and X7. Those are the only two I haven't played, cause finding them has been such a hassle... I do however, have Megaman X8 on PS2 and the Megaman X Collection.

Also, you are missing Command Mission. I have Command Mission. Do I win? Can haz cookie?

TheRaven

Impressive collection indeed! I only own X, X collection for the ps2, X7, X8, Legends 1&2, and finally command mission. I had mega man and bass but lost it while moving out of my parents house, and i also had mm 8 at some point but traded it in and i had mm anniversary collection but my cat ruined the disc so i need a new copy. :(

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "MechaGS"You're collection is amazing GUnit. Definitely the best one I've seen on the internet.

- Mega Man: 8 and 9 on PSN

- Maverick Hunter X and Powered Up on PSP (my PSP is busted so re-purchased Mav Hun X on PSN store for my Vita but couldn't buy Powered Up)

I always wanted the Mega Man Collection and Mega Man X Collection but neither got released outside of the US. I should have imported the PS2 versions but I didn't in the end.

My plan is to go back and collect them all after the year (the physical I don't have). That'll be a nice challenge.

EDIT #1: As a christmas present for myself, just bought Mega Man X Collection (PS2). Will take two weeks to get here though. :(

EDIT #2: Well, I've just ordered the Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, brand new and sealed), so I really will have Mega Man keeping me busy! :D

Honestly man.  Buying those collections was the best thing I did.  I honestly play them a lot and those two make it soooo easy.  I also got the X Collection brand new for like $18 on ebay.

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "NinjablazerZero"Haha, that's pretty awesome. I myself don't have any of the cartridges or original discs for most of the games, even though I've played them all except Legends 2 and X7. Those are the only two I haven't played, cause finding them has been such a hassle... I do however, have Megaman X8 on PS2 and the Megaman X Collection.

Also, you are missing Command Mission. I have Command Mission. Do I win? Can haz cookie?

I Am missing Command Missio!  Haha, thanks for reminding me!  I am also only jealous A LOT that some of you have X3 on SNES lol.  That one is too pricey.  Mega Man 7 and the Misadventures of Tron Bonne are on my get list right now before I start collecting for the famicom and super famicom.  I am still missing quite a few others but am in no hurry to spend too much money after what I just spent on the Mighty No 9.

TheRaven

Wait I just noticed your Wily Wars cart, I know WW was released on the Sega Channel here only in the US while the rest of the world got a cart release, where did you get that from? o_o (I'm a huge Sonic/Sega fan so yeah. xD)

MechaGS

Quote from: "GUnitCOlima">
quote author="MechaGS">

You're collection is amazing GUnit. Definitely the best one I've seen on the internet.

- Mega Man: 8 and 9 on PSN

EDIT #2: Well, I've just ordered the Mega Man Anniversary Collection (PS2, brand new and sealed), so I really will have Mega Man keeping me busy! [:D]

Honestly man. Buying those collections was the best thing I did. I honestly play them a lot and those two make it soooo easy. I also got the X Collection brand new for like $18 on ebay.

I've been meaning to bolster my collection for a long time but I wasn't forcing myself to get it done. With MN9 and my renewed determination for Mega Man, I'm making sure I get the titles I'm missing. :)

I'll get the X Collection as soon as possible. I just bought Mega Man X7 and Command Mission (should arrive next week). I still have to find a good copy of Mega Man X8. I'm attempting to get them in the best quality possible.

It's going to be an interesting few months playing through these titles. :beckveryhappy

I'll take pictures as the games arrive. :razz:

EDIT #1: Mega Man Anniversary Collection (New and Sealed) - Arrived on 3rd October 2013

EDIT #2: Mega Man X7 & Command Mission - Arrived on 5th October 2013

EDIT #3: Mega Man X8 - Arrived on 7th October 2013

EDIT #4: Mega Man Collection - Arrived on 11th October 2013

EDIT #5: Turns out I didn't own the Mega Man Battle Network games, they were my brother's and he's taken them with him. So, I'm starting up a new collection of those titles. (plus a few extra)

Mega Man Battle Network - Arrived on 19th October 2013

Mega Man Battle Network 2 and Star Force Pegasus - Arrived on 22nd October 2013

EDIT #6: Continuing my collection, I'll be adding six new titles to my list. So far, four of the six have arrived and I have the images for all to enjoy below. [:D]

Mega Man Battle Network 5: Double Team and Star Force 2: Zerker x Ninja - Arrived on 25th October 2013

[img width=900 height=406:2dqoju41]http://imageshack.us/a/img36/7509/8d27.jpg[/img]

Mega Man ZX and ZX Advent - Arrived on 25th October 2013

[img width=900 height=406:2dqoju41]http://imageshack.us/a/img46/9640/zybp.jpg[/img]

Mega Man Battle Network 4 - Arrived on 26th October 2013

Mega Man Battle Network 3 - Arrived on 28th October 2013

Getting there, slowly but surely now. :beckwink

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "TheRaven"Wait I just noticed your Wily Wars cart, I know WW was released on the Sega Channel here only in the US while the rest of the world got a cart release, where did you get that from? o_o (I'm a huge Sonic/Sega fan so yeah. xD)

That is a reproduction actually!  I couldn't afford an original, well actually I had money for it, just couldn't find one :D.  I got it from a guy who makes them on SegaAge.  I can link you if you'd like.  When I bought it it was $35.  Not sure the pricing now.

TheRaven

Oh okay gotcha, wow $35 that's a decent price. :) Go ahead and share the link here if you'd like, that way other members can check it out as well. ;)

MechaGS

I'd be interested, just from a collector's stand-point. Nothing nicer to look at than an old cartridge. :P

My Mega Man PS2 collection is complete. Here's an pic I took earlier:

Spoiler
<a href='http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9161/shzb.jpg'; rel='nofollow' target='_blank'>[rimg width=640 height=480:22xxplpt]http://img853.imageshack.us/img853/9161/shzb.jpg[/rimg]</a>

Next on the list is to finish my GBA collection and get the DS games. I'm also planning to collect the Archie Comics releases. :D

NinjablazerZero

No offence, but the EU covers for X7, X8, and Command Mission suck...

Just look at these covers.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... mx7box.jpg

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... verart.png

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/e ... _cover.jpg

Look at them. Lookit!!

Weejus

I know, don't remind me. For some reason Capcom made the covers for all Mega Man games in the early 2000s really dull. It's like they didn't want them to sell.