Main Menu

Mega Man Play-through on NES

Started by GUnitCOlima, October 19, 2013, 03:11:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GUnitCOlima

Just thought I would share these for you noobs thinking about trying out the Mega Man series.

mightyno67277p

Meh. Not as awesome as this one:

http://speeddemosarchive.com/MegaMan.html

24 minutes baby. Not even a half hour. Poor Willy, never could out pace a robot.
Spoiler
Reminds me of that time I created a temporary capcom unity account, just to ask what was the sound file I found on the Rockman X5 NTSC Title, which I know was japanese, but did not know how to unlock in game. The kids told me it was the ending theme for Rockman X5 in the japanese title, left in NTSC version. Then a thread began about who could end Rockman X5 the fastest, and at the time everyone could only do ~45 minutes. Little did they know about speeddemosarchive, and I showed them so. After being satisfied with the reply from the file, I closed the account. Everyone most have been so pissed, after a forum nomad came, ask for something, refuted something with proof, and left. I think it only lasted like 3 days.
Spoiler
BTW, you will not find my posts, since they set in CU that if you close the account, all post of the user are removed, which is stupid.
Oh sorry, newcomers. Be not startled, but amused, that you can be beat Trevor Seguin. We are still waiting for someone to break his score. I know I scored on the top on my local Rockman: The Power Battle (using Bass on level 7 of course) 50k+ score, IIRC. I forgot the max already.

GUnitCOlima

I can do speed runs.  But those are boring for subs.  However you are quite right.  The speed run you linked is freaking bad ass.

As for local events where i'm from...  I can brag about all my accomplishments around here but it wouldn't be saying much lol

mightyno67277p

On the new videos, we are doing 2 tracks, one with the regular game audio feed, the other a post recording sub.

On the sidenote of accomplishments, I meant that it was in a arcade machine of a company's lounge I used to work for, but never took a picture of that score
Spoiler
which you only get if you play the game perfectly w/ battles in < 1 min
that has like kilos of games. But you are right, boasting wo/ proof is no boast at all

???

???

?_??

Spoiler
BTW, did anyone took a look at the kickstarter update, that you can still get digital copies of things in Paypal 'til Oct. 21? I posted on the http://www.mightyno9universe.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127#p2407">viewtopic.php?f=6&t=127#p2407 and no one has responded yet.

GUnitCOlima

I saw that man.  I also saw in the update email that they might sell some of the physical stuff again but with out any of the other rewards and most likely with a higher price tag.

mightyno67277p

Then tell me more about it on the proper thread, 'cause I didn't get anything. I learned of it via the unofficial tumblr. I assume they only updated Amazon/Kickstarter backers.

GUnitCOlima

TheCloudyEye

Your playstyle is certainly interesting to watch, though I would not recommend your videos to any "noob" looking to try out Mega Man 2 (you made quite a lot of risky choices).

By the way, how come you choose to climb down ladders most of the time instead of dropping down?

GUnitCOlima

I'll take that as a compliment.  I only died 2 times with those risky choices !  While recording and trying to talk to a camera at the same time!  Haha that ties along to the climbing of ladders.  It's one of the few areas of the game where I can gather my always jumbled thoughts.  It's not the best live gameplay, i know.

Lienx

You guys may want to update your links, since it's all jumbled code now.. o.O

TheRaven

Oops I forgot to fix his posts, phpBB handles Youtube urls differently than IPB so I'll need to fix those.  Edit: Alright the links have been fixed. :P

Lienx

Much better! Nice Let's Plays! :) Ok.. I don't think I can take it anymore.. I think I'm about to throw in Mega Man Legends.