Main Menu

Cheap PAL SNES and PS1 Mega Man games?

Started by Weejus, January 17, 2014, 12:55:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weejus

Anyone know any sites that sell the Mega Man games for SNES and PS1 at reasonable prices (aka NOT the extortion that plagues Ebay and Amazon, for example someone was selling PAL X1-3 and MM7 for ?6500)? I'm looking for X1 and Legends mostly, they are the highest priority for me.

MechaGS

You won't get legends for less than ?60 and it usually sells for ?100+ due to it being rather rare. I still want to get Legends but I can't justify the costs at the moment.

Not seen a cheap copy of X1 but will keep my eyes open for you. :)

NotSpiderBread

I see X1 on ebay float around $15-20 so it shouldn't be too hard to find one around that price. Your best bet would be buying the collections for gamecube/ps2. I got Mega Man X collections (PS2) last year at a gamestop for $15 in excellent condition. You can find the anniversary collections online fairly cheap $10-20 for the PS2 version.

Gamecube ones are going to be more expensive though.

Also, in terms of Mega Man and retro games in general, you're not going to find those games at any store "cheap". You'd be better off going to flea markets, thrift stores, craigslist, and yard sales and hope to get lucky.

Anon-e-Moose

If you're not looking for these to collect but to play I'd really reccomend getting Legends 2 over 1. 1's mechanics are very clunky and its story is less polished, while 2's are much more refined, 2 also has greater enemy, mission and boss variety. If you're going to play 2 after all, use control style d which is Analog controller only, the game plays exactly as Halo 2 with control style d, you'll hardly have to use the fidgety lock on system outside of the final boss fight.

undamned

Quote from: "Weejus"Anyone know any sites that sell the Mega Man games for SNES and PS1 at reasonable prices (aka NOT the extortion that plagues Ebay and Amazon, for example someone was selling PAL X1-3 and MM7 for ?6500)? I'm looking for X1 and Legends mostly, they are the highest priority for me.

Yeah, like Spider said, X1 should be cheap on ebay and possibly 7.  8 should be cheap on PS1 as well.  Sadly anything outside of those titles is probably not going to be cheap.  The collectors market is stupid right now, and there's no reason for it go down because there are constantly new collectors popping up who are willing to pay stupid prices.

I got into collecting Mega/Rockman many years ago, so I inadvertently dodged a lot of this nonsense.  I think the worst was when I paid $450 for boxed/complete versions of all the PAL SNES games.  At the time it was gut wrenching to pay that much, but that set alone is probably worth a good $2k today.  Same thing for the European release of Megaman IV on Gameboy.  I cringed at dropping like $70 for a boxed copy back then.  It will cost you $400+ today.

Prices are stupid all around, but the European games are extra stupid for some reason.  Extra limited production, perhaps?

-ud

Weejus

Quote from: "NotSpiderBread"I see X1 on ebay float around $15-20 so it shouldn't be too hard to find one around that price. Your best bet would be buying the collections for gamecube/ps2. I got Mega Man X collections (PS2) last year at a gamestop for $15 in excellent condition. You can find the anniversary collections online fairly cheap $10-20 for the PS2 version.

Neither the Mega Man nor X Collection came out in Europe.