Main Menu

What is your favorite Style, Soul, or Cross?

Started by Junk Soul, January 23, 2014, 02:30:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Junk Soul

Mega Man is famous for having the ability to adapt in order to use many different abilities, weapons, and powers, and this philosophy even translates into later iterations and alternate universes. Specifically what I'm asking is, what is your favorite form from the Battle Network series? But, I'll leave the discussion open enough to include your favorite Armors from the X Series, Models from the ZX series, and basically, anything that would make your character change form, color, or method of attack. What is your favorite based solely off of appearance? What is your favorite based off of its capabilities?

To start off:

My favorite Style is Heat Guts Style.

Spoiler

I love this Style both aesthetically and functionally. It was the first Style that I gained in both of my plays through Mega Man Battle Network 3. Combined with the Fire Element, I just love the raw damage that it is capable of dealing, especially with that Guts Machine Gun. The asymmetry doesn't seem to bother me since Mega Man usually fires with only one arm.

My favorite Double Soul would most likely be Junk Soul.

Spoiler

Compared to Aqua and Wood, Junk Soul looked the coolest, to me. I couldn't bother with playing Battle Network 4 to 100% completion and at some point my game data mysteriously disappeared, so I have yet to regain my original Double Souls. I also played through Battle Network 5 Team Protoman, but there was something about Junk Soul that I seemed to like more than the souls that Team Protoman offered. I thought that the Chip Recycle ability was pretty unique and useful.

TheCloudyEye

On both abilities and appearance, my favorite has to be Search Soul:

Spoiler

Honorable mention is the Bug Style. Messing around with it is just so much fun:

Spoiler

The Falcon Armor in X5 get my vote for the best ability: actual flying. Too bad they turned it into scrap in X6

Spoiler

Second place is the Shadow Armor, since it lack air mobility but makes up for it with spike invulnerability and the Crescent Saber. Also best in appearance:

Spoiler

Shiroyami

- X's armors:

-- Fourth Armor (X4): probably one of the most consistent armors in the series because all parts have their uses. The hover function is great when you know how to use it and I might one of the few people who favor the Stock Charge over the Plasma Charge because it easily rips through bosses.

-- Neutral Armor (X8): different armor sets done right, giving the player the choice to wear full suits of armor to earn an exclusive fifth ability or to give them the ability to ear different parts according to their playstyle.

- Style Changes:

-- Elec Guts: I'm choosing Guts because I've never had much use for the other abilities and the paralyzing charge shot is excellent for giving you chances to follow up with stronger chip attacks.

- Double Soul:

-- Metal Soul: double-damage + piercing abilities to null chips, a kickass design and the Megaman equivalent of Falcon Punch.

-- Colonel Soul: pretty reliable with a great charge shot by default and you can even change it for infinite chip uses.

- Cross System:

-- Tengu Cross: not nearly as useful as I hoped but it's Tengu Man's one of my favorite robot masters so I'm biased to it. The fact it looks AWESOME doesn't help either.

- Models:

-- Model X: the twin charge shot in X2 is probably my favorite arm upgrade in the X series so it was nice to see it back and even more powerful.

-- Model H: for some reason, playing as Model H feels a lot more Zero-ish than Model ZX itself, except you have much better mobility and speed. With enough skill, you can slash everything to bits.

-- Model P: the ground/projectile equivalent of Model H.

-- Model O: it's freaking Omega.

- Noise Changes:

-- Rogue Noise:
I've always avoided using swords in Battle Network due to range issues. Star Force fixed it Rogue Noise is just so damn overpowered. That, and since I don't have any friends with a DS, I had nothing to lose.

Junk Soul

Quote from: "Shiroyami"

- Style Changes:

-- Elec Guts: I'm choosing Guts because I've never had much use for the other abilities and the paralyzing charge shot is excellent for giving you chances to follow up with stronger chip attacks.

- Models:

-- Model X: the twin charge shot in X2 is probably my favorite arm upgrade in the X series so it was nice to see it back and even more powerful.

-- Model H: for some reason, playing as Model H feels a lot more Zero-ish than Model ZX itself, except you have much better mobility and speed. With enough skill, you can slash everything to bits.

-- Model P: the ground/projectile equivalent of Model H.

-- Model O: it's freaking Omega.

- Style Changes:

-- Elec Guts: Elec Guts is pretty scary. Heck, if I wasn't so fond of Fire Type attacks I'd actually have Elec Guts as my favorite. You wouldn't even need battle chips with that Style. Just charge your Zap Ring, connect the shot, and then fire away with your Guts Machine Gun chipping away 10HP with each shot, if you have the right programs and parts equipped.

- Models:

You pretty much listed my favorite models in the same order of preference.

-- Model X: The first time playing as Mega Man Model X was magical. Combined with the great music that evokes a nostalgic feeling, it's like discovering Mega Man for the first time.
Spoiler
And this is coming from someone who played ZX Advent first.
Model ZX is cool, but I was disappointed at losing the ability to transform into Model X once given Model ZX. Then I found out that I could unlock Model X again once I beat the game with both characters on Hard Mode, so I'll be working towards that some day. That twin charge ability was pretty neat.

-- Model H: I don't know if you were talking about the double Biometal or single Biometal variants, but I prefer Model HX. I love dashing around as Model HX/H, but I'm not too fond of his swords. It probably feels more like Zero, especially "X Series Zero", since you have no buster based attacks and Zero had air-dash abilities.

-- Model P: Model PX/P is fun for spamming kunai, and the ability to hang onto certain platforms is pretty useful. Also
Spoiler
Aile is kind of cute as a ninja.

-- Model O: I saw Model OX as an elemental version of ZX. It was pretty much the same, except it had slightly different special attacks with elemental attributes. Which is cool, but I'm just so used to using ZX.

An honorable mention goes to Model A for its design and its quick charge.

An honorable mention goes to Model
Spoiler
a
for its design.

Shiroyami

Quote from: "Junk Soul"

- Style Changes:

-- Elec Guts: Elec Guts is pretty scary. Heck, if I wasn't so fond of Fire Type attacks I'd actually have Elec Guts as my favorite. You wouldn't even need battle chips with that Style. Just charge your Zap Ring, connect the shot, and then fire away with your Guts Machine Gun chipping away 10HP with each shot, if you have the right programs and parts equipped.

- Models:

You pretty much listed my favorite models in the same order of preference.

-- Model X: The first time playing as Mega Man Model X was magical. Combined with the great music that evokes a nostalgic feeling, it's like discovering Mega Man for the first time.
Spoiler
And this is coming from someone who played ZX Advent first.
Model ZX is cool, but I was disappointed at losing the ability to transform into Model X once given Model ZX. Then I found out that I could unlock Model X again once I beat the game with both characters on Hard Mode, so I'll be working towards that some day. That twin charge ability was pretty neat.

-- Model H: I don't know if you were talking about the double Biometal or single Biometal variants, but I prefer Model HX. I love dashing around as Model HX/H, but I'm not too fond of his swords. It probably feels more like Zero, especially "X Series Zero", since you have no buster based attacks and Zero had air-dash abilities.

-- Model P: Model PX/P is fun for spamming kunai, and the ability to hang onto certain platforms is pretty useful. Also
Spoiler
Aile is kind of cute as a ninja.

-- Model O: I saw Model OX as an elemental version of ZX. It was pretty much the same, except it had slightly different special attacks with elemental attributes. Which is cool, but I'm just so used to using ZX.

An honorable mention goes to Model A for its design and its quick charge.

An honorable mention goes to Model
Spoiler
a
for its design.

Battle Network 3 is one of the games I played the least so I referred to Elec Guts in Battle Network 2 when Guts Machine Gun didn't even exist. Still, you can rake in good damage from just firing your buster at a paralyzed enemy and it also helps when enemies are fast (QuickMan.EXE) or only drop their guards at certain times (Gospel.EXE). I listed Guts because I use the buster a fair bit but anything Elec-related always had a huge advantage as far as I'm concerned.

Actually, I like H over any other models so I just listed them in the order I usually get them. Once I get H/HX, chances are I'm going to use it during the whole game, except for a couple places when elementless attacks are a better choice, leaving me with ZX and P/PX.