Main Menu

Playing Mega Man 2 - Buster only run

Started by TheCloudyEye, March 24, 2014, 05:35:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCloudyEye

This is a video I just did of my buster only run in Mega Man 2 (with the exception of bosses that are immune to buster, and the teleporter room where I used special weapons to speed things up). Sorry for the crappy quality, but that's all I could afford with my Internet connection.

Lots of stupid death in this vid. You have been warned.

GUnitCOlima

While some of the deaths did make me chuckle I honestly think this run wasn't too bad.  I'm surprised somebody hasn't already linked you to under 30 minute speed run.  That's the first thing they did to me when I posted a gameplay here lol.  

Buster only runs are tough.  Especially when you record.  Recording and live commentary is killer!  Have you watched Rhoam Mythril's perfect runs?  Pretty astounding.

TheCloudyEye

I've seen a few of those under 30 min speed runs. But to do that, you need to perform the zip glitch, which is something I don't want to do. Also, I'm not aiming for speed run here, but to challenge myself (and have fun in the process of course).

GUnitCOlima

Oh absolutely man I didn't mean to diss in any way.  I love watching all the styles of play through's.  I like yours and I think if you do it some more you will kick it's ass.

TheRaven

I don't think I'd be able to do just a Buster Only run of this game. xD However I might try it with Mega Man 8 sometime, I find it to be the easiest classic MM game for me at least. (Maybe it's because it was the very first MM game I played?) I'll have to check out your video though. :)