Main Menu

Fan Game - Mega Man Unlimited

Started by TheCloudyEye, May 09, 2014, 03:11:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCloudyEye

I recently came across this nice fan made Mega Man game:

(Old) Trailer:

I must say this is one of the best Mega Man game that I've played in years. The game is very well designed, and the soundtrack is beautiful. The difficulty is a bit hellish though.

The game is now fully playable. You can get it from here: http://megaphilx.com/?page_id=1003

TheRaven

Mega Phil X composed some music for this game... He's one amazing chiptune composer! I love Yo-Yo man's theme, and I remember hearing it for the first time like 4 or 5 years ago! xD I haven't played the game yet but I've heard it's difficult. :V

MechaGS

I tried it out a while back and it really is a hard one to get through. Will have to give it another go at some point though.

TheCloudyEye

Took me quite a while, but I've beaten it on Original mode. Time for Insta-death mode.

@Mecha

Some people suggest beating Comet Woman first for the Comet Dash, but it's better to do Nail Man first. You get both his weapon, the Nail Shield, and Rush Jet, which are the most useful items in the game.

MechaGS

Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"@Mecha

Some people suggest beating Comet Woman first for the Comet Dash, but it's better to do Nail Man first. You get both his weapon, the Nail Shield, and Rush Jet, which are the most useful items in the game.

I'll give that a go a little bit later today and see how I fare. :P

TheCloudyEye

Version 1.2.1 is now available. There's a new special menu with endless attack mode, boss rush and a completely new Robot Master level with new enemies and gimmicks. A few of the existing stages have also been slightly modified, and there are new sound tracks as well.

Note that save files from old version of the game are not fully compatible with the new one. Use them at your own risk.

TechnoWolf

I never managed to get around this game, I must be doing something wrong because I keep dying every five seconds...

... First time that happened to me in a Mega Man game, I usually have two or three stages I can beat in one try.

TheCloudyEye

I have to admit that this game has a much steeper learning curve than most Mega Man games due to the abundance of instant-death traps everywhere, but once you know what to do, it's actually not that much more difficult than your average Mega Man game. I suggest picking a stage and stick to it, as all stages has very different gimmicks. Boss fights are simple enough once you learned their pattern, as there's very little randomness in their pattern.

And you can always spend bolts on 1-ups and E-tanks in the shop.