Main Menu

Our Banner

Started by TheRaven, September 03, 2013, 04:45:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

I didn't make the banner we are currently using, a reddit user that goes by the name of Milospopovic made it. I'd figure i'd give him/her a shout out for making it. I always give credit when credit is due. I've just added the universe text since that's the name of the board. :V Later I might try my hand at making some icons, we'll see how it goes. (I'm not much of an artist sadly... :S)

MechaGS

I don't know if you're still looking for header designs, but here's one I threw together for the forum if you guys want it.

I can of course tweak it to fit in better or make it bigger, smaller, etc.

EDIT: Here's one with lighter text:

EDIT: Updated my links too, just so we don't lose them!

One final header for the night:

TheRaven

Oh cool I like both of them, a bit better than the one we are using now thank you for making these. I think we'll use the one with the darker text, let me test it out and see how it shows up but the size should be fine. :)

MechaGS

I recommend that you upload the one you want somewhere useful as I can't guarantee my website will be staying online. It was a failed venture and I'm not really looking to keep it. :)

TheRaven

Alright I'll upload it to Imageshack, thank you once again for making it. I went ahead and added you to the graphic designer group as well. :)

MechaGS

Cool, thanks. :)

Do you have Skype?, that way I can help out with art, etc when you need it.

TheRaven

I sure do, my username is ravenfreak131 on Skype. I'll accept your request tonight but I won't be able to talk since I have to get up for work in the morning. :\

MechaGS

No worries, it's a little late for talking here too. I'm only up late working on some web design stuff :)

astarisborn94

Quote from: MechaGSI don't know if you're still looking for header designs, but here's one I threw together for the forum if you guys want it.

I can of course tweak it to fit in better or make it bigger, smaller, etc.

EDIT: Here's one with lighter text:

EDIT: Updated my links too, just so we don't lose them!

One final header for the night:

I think we should have the final header, except a little bigger.

TheRaven

Oh cool i didn't have a chance to see the final banner, I'll go ahead and add that to the site after work today. ^_^

Fergal

The forum banner / header looks excellent and it really compliments the forum theme.  Well done to the designer.

MechaGS

Thanks for the compliment Fergal, always nice to see a happy forumer. :D

Swan Dive

Quote from: MechaGSThanks for the compliment Fergal, always nice to see a happy forumer. :D

The banner fits well I love it.  Adds a lot to the site immersion.

MechaGS

Quote from: Swan Dive
Quote from: MechaGSThanks for the compliment Fergal, always nice to see a happy forumer. :D

The better fits well I love it.  Adds a lot to the site immersion.

Ahh, the days of this site's infancy. Those were completely different from what we have now which I consider vastly improved. :P