Main Menu

A 8-bit Fangame is already in the making!

Started by TheRaven, September 11, 2013, 02:42:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

Hey guys while scrolling on Facebook I noticed that the official MN9 posted a link to a 8-bit fan game in the making! I just mentioned in Weejus' thread that a 8-bit fangame would be cool to see and it looks like someone has already jumped the gun and started making one. xD Here is some gameplay and we get to see Mighty no. 5 in action! What do you guys think of this? I find it to be amazing, but I wonder how long it'll be on hold for until we get all the other mighty nos besides the ones we know about.

Weejus

It has potential but I get the feeling it will be on hold for a long time as the only song that has been released is the main theme, plus we only know half of the bosses.

MechaGS

I agree with you both. It's probably a long time away but it's awesome that they're making the game as an 8-bit remix. :)

astarisborn94

Quote from: TheRavenHey guys while scrolling on Facebook I noticed that the official MN9 posted a link to a 8-bit fan game in the making! I just mentioned in Weejus' thread that a 8-bit fangame would be cool to see and it looks like someone has already jumped the gun and started making one. xD Here is some gameplay and we get to see Mighty no. 5 in action! What do you guys think of this? I find it to be amazing, but I wonder how long it'll be on hold for until we get all the other mighty nos besides the ones we know about.

Obvious indication of a game that's not even in development yet. They've done good so far, considering what they have to work with. Also, I'd like to point out that the music sounds like more of what would come out of the Commodore 64 than a NES.

But shouldn't this be part of the Fan Works section?

MechaGS

Quote from: astarisborn94But shouldn't this be part of the Fan Works section?

Yeah, you're right. I've moved it into the proper section. :)

GUnitCOlima

I just about died when I heard this man.  I imagine this is what the official release will sound like.  I figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread, since it is an 8bit song, for an 8bit game.

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: GUnitCOlimaI just about died when I heard this man.  I imagine this is what the official release will sound like.  I figured I would post it here instead of starting a new thread, since it is an 8bit song, for an 8bit game.

I mean I think it's the same song that's on the vid.  Just complete

Weejus

I know this an early WIP but I don't like the I Wanna Be The Guy approach the fangame takes towards dying. Makes it seem like dying has no consequences.

GUnitCOlima

You got that from that small clip?  I don't know about that bud.  I just think the guy was trying to show some of the mechanics of the very short game.  I guess to each his own.