Main Menu

Miscellaneous Mighty No. 9 stuffs that I do

Started by TheCloudyEye, May 11, 2014, 03:06:19 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCloudyEye

Figure I should share some of the Mighty No. 9 related stuff that I've done here. I'm no artist, so it's mostly just edited stuff. I might be able to do something original someday though.

TheCloudyEye

For starter, here comes the Mighty Apple King:

And these are the p?i?g?b?o?t?  (<---we need strikethrough tag) support character coloring that I did:

Magnet

Matrix

Rusty

Invisible

Dusty

Christmas

MechaGS

The christmas one kind of reminds me of the evil Santa in Futurama. Awesome stuff dude! :D

TheRaven

Awesome work! I laughed at your comment Mecha, it does remind me of evil santa too. xD I really love the matrix edit, it's my favorite. :)

TheCloudyEye

I figure the glowing yellow eyes on the Christmas one make him looks kinda evil lol. As for the matrix one, it was the result of an accident while I was messing around. Glad you guys enjoyed my works. I'll do more, but first I need some major free time.

TheCloudyEye

Something I did to celebrate Mr. Inafune's (late) birthday:

TheRaven

xD I love it! I honestly didn't know it was his birthday a few days ago. Dx

TheCloudyEye

TheCloudyEye

Did something for the enemy design contest. Here's my submission for phase 1 (feel free to laugh at this horrible piece. I got stuck for an entire week and was only able to come up with this):

And here's the rough sketch for phase 2. Refining the design right now:

TheRaven

I love it, did you ever complete it? I'd love to see the final image. :)

TheCloudyEye

I actually dropped the drill bomb design, as I wasn't able to make it work. This ugly piece was what I submitted instead:

It's a mobile battery that can supply energy to various robots in the mine. When the object it sit inside is destroyed, it overload and bounce around for a while before exploding. Really wish I had more time for this one, but real life got in the way.

I had more time last week so I managed to make something much better for the 3rd phase. Still did not have enough time to refine the details though:

Here's a little background on this design:

Description:

Designed by Automated Xel Lab, AXL-173 is an industrial robot for the purpose of cleaning up debris and junk. It has 4 retractable plasma blades that can slice through many kind of materials. Each blade consists of 2 component: a retractable rail of electromagnets which is assembled from a number of segments and the superheated plasma that is directed by the electromagnet rail to form a blade. Since each electromagnet rail is made up of several segments, it can be lengthened with additional segments from other rails (2 blades mode in picture above). However, the rotational speed has to be reduced to prevent damages to the rails. The heat generated from the plasma blade is hot enough to melt through thick steel within seconds (and ignite oil slicks). Though my picture doesn't show it, the top part of the machine can be raised or lowered. At the base of the machine is a pair of treads that provides mobility for the machine.

Backstory:

Normally, this robot does not work in an oil refinery. However, three days before the virus outbreak, an explosion happened at the refinery that will appear in the game, and a few of these robots were sent to the refinery to clean up the debris. When affected by the virus, these machines treat everything as junk and debris, wrecking havoc in the refinery.

In-game appearance:

The rotating blades part of the machine is the only thing Beck can interact with in the game. The main body of the machine remains in the background. The blades are made of very durable material to protect them from the heat of the plasma and thus cannot be destroyed. The rotating center however is vulnerable to attacks. Once the rotating center is destroyed, the enemy will either retreat or wait for the rotating center to be replaced, at which point it will goes back to its original routine.