Main Menu

General Sonic Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 05, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

Being a die hard Sonic the Hedgehog fan I thought I would make a topic for the upcoming game. I got a chance to play the 3DS version of the game at Sonic Boom this year since it made it to my hometown and I have a feeling i'll have to get used to the parkour system. So apparently Eggman has summoned a group known as the Deadly Six to help him out. The deadly six can only listen to him if he holds a conch shell that keeps them in line, but Sonic takes it from him and throws it. The Deadly Six then turn on Eggman and Sonic both. With that said, Sonic must team up with Eggman to stop the Deadly Six. The wisps from Sonic Colors make a comeback in this game, since both games are nintendo exclusives. The game resembles the unreleased sonic game called "Sonic Xtreme" minus the fish eye camera they were going to use. I will be getting the 3DS version of the game, but I might be getting a Wii U soon so if that is the case then I could get that version as well.  :mrgreen:

MechaGS

I'll be getting the Wii U version of Sonic Lost World, looks excellent.

I'm also a massive Sonic fan (more-so than Mega Man I must say) so it'll be nice to having a new Sonic game to dig into.

TheRaven

xD Same here on that tidbit, Sonic was my first video game and is my favorite franchise as well. Mega Man comes in second, but Mighty no. 9 could possibly take that second spot in the future. Out of the deadly six Zeena is my favorite, I love her design plus green is my favorite color. xD

astarisborn94

I think this game will end up being good. I'm not sure if I'll get it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the best Sonic yet.

MechaGS

Quote from: astarisborn94I think this game will end up being good. I'm not sure if I'll get it, but I wouldn't be surprised if this ended up being the best Sonic yet.

They need to prove now that Sonic Generations can be beaten. People loved that game because it was a throw-back to old levels and a homage to Sonic in general but SEGA really need to show that the series is more than just a legacy.

I'm really hoping for Sonic Lost World to be the title that sorts the franchise out.

Anon

IMO colors was better than genertions.

This and SSB4 (and now MN9) are the reasons i want a wiiu)

MechaGS

Quote from: AnonIMO colors was better than genertions.

I'll agree that Colors was better but most people dismiss it which is a shame really. :(

Weejus

Does anyone here like Sonic Heroes? I loved it but most people seemed to dislike it.

MechaGS

Sonic Heroes was my favorite game on the original XBOX. That was so much fun back then (but I'm a massive Sonic nerd).

Anyone remember Crush 40 (the Sonic band) they were awesome! :D

TheRaven

I just started playing it not too long ago and i hate team chaotix gameplay. xD I have the xbox version of the game. ^_^ Sonic is my favorite franchise of All time btw. ;)

iXerro

While I enjoy the classic sidescrolling Sonic games, I'm not a huge fan of them. But then came Sonic Adventure, and woah my god did I play Adventure 1 and 2 to death. I also couldn't get enough of Heroes, but it couldn't compare to the Adventures. I also got Shadow the Hedgehog and eh, it was pretty decent. I stopped buying Sonic games after that, after hearing how terrible the 3D platforming games were (And I never paid attention to games like Rush). I got Colors some time ago just for the hell of it and I didn't enjoy the first hour or so of it, and haven't played it since. I should give it another try...

But back to the topic, a couple months ago a friend actually showed me Lost World for the 3DS (As I don't have a Wii U) and I was kind of intrigued. I doubt I'll actually get it, but I'm keeping an eye on it just in case.

Weejus

Rush was one of my first Sonic games, and I still hate myself for the fact I traded it in. It may have been about pure speed instead of platforming, but wow was it fun. It seems Dimps can do no wrong (except for Crash Boom Bang).

TheRaven

I've been really wanting to get a copy of Rush, it looks like a fun game to play. Just wish Sonic 4 wasn't based off it's engine though. :V I'm going to change this to a general Sonic topic. xD

MechaGS

I was really looking forward to Sonic 4 (even if it was in episodes) but it wasn't that great even though they said they were going back-to-basics. I felt it was just the same old mess they've created over the last decade.

I have high hopes for Sonic Lost World though. It could be a return to form if SEGA actually have put the time, effort and proper funds into it. :)

Weejus

Quote from: TheRavenI've been really wanting to get a copy of Rush, it looks like a fun game to play. Just wish Sonic 4 wasn't based off it's engine though. :V I'm going to change this to a general Sonic topic. xD

I remember on the PAL box of Rush it says that the official Nintendo magazine that existed at the time labelled it as 'the best Sonic game ever' which I would disagree with, IMO the best is either Sonic CD, Adventure 2, or maybe Sonic 3+Knuckles.