Main Menu

General Sonic Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 05, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

Holy crap I agree with you on Sonic CD and S3k, they are both tied for my favorite games in the franchise. xD I just started playing Sonic Adventure 2 this year I like it but I grew up with the classics. :V But i'm sure Rush is a great game, just not the best sonic game. xD

MechaGS

Sonic and Knuckles (the base game) is still my favorite. Also, locking Sonic 1 onto S&K was always fun cause I loved the bonus levels. :P

Sonic CD is also one of my favorites. I'm a retro Sonic gamer though!

TheRaven

You guys got the better soundtrack as well with Sonic CD. :P I like some of the tracks on the US soundtrack, but the Eur/JP soundtrack is amazing. <3 My favorite is Quartz Quadrant Present, then Stardust Speedway Good future, and the Special Stage theme. :)

MechaGS

My favorite Sonic CD track was Stardust Speedway - Bad Future. I own the OST (I actually own a lot of Sonic OST's) and the Sonic CD OST is one of the ones I listen to the most. :)

Weejus

Quote from: MechaGSSonic and Knuckles (the base game) is still my favorite. Also, locking Sonic 1 onto S&K was always fun cause I loved the bonus levels. :P

Sonic CD is also one of my favorites. I'm a retro Sonic gamer though!

Oh you mean the 'NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY? NO WAY!' blue sphere levels? They drove me insane when they were the Sonic 3 special stages. Thankfully the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (aka Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection) for 360/PS3 has save states.

Oh, and Raven, I didn't actually play SA2 until a friend of mine from school lent me the Gamecube version about a year ago. I loved it but I HATED the Knuckles/Rouge levels. Also, I'm glad the XBLA/PSN/iOS version of Sonic CD offers both OSTs. I go for the Eurasian one, but it's a shame the lyrics were removed from Toot Toot Sonic Warrior (the Eurasian opening theme) for copyright reasons.

MechaGS

Quote from: WeejusOh you mean the 'NO WAY! NO WAY! NO WAY? NO WAY!' blue sphere levels? They drove me insane when they were the Sonic 3 special stages. Thankfully the Sega Mega Drive Ultimate Collection (aka Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection) for 360/PS3 has save states.

I do mean those indeed. I used to love the hell out of them, it was like a game inside a game. Absolutely brilliant. :D

Weejus

Well, the blue sphere levels served me right for trying to play as Knuckles in Dynamite Headdy. Also, I find it annoying that the SMD Ultimate Collection has no S&K lock-on, yet the DS Sonic Classic Collection does.

MechaGS

Oh man, you just said Dynamite Headdy to me... I still have the box!!! I still even play it today! (when I can be bothered to set up the SMD)

That game was immense. Playing as Knuckles in it would have been weird though. His head flying around would have been hilarious. :P

TheRaven

Quote from: WeejusOh, and Raven, I didn't actually play SA2 until a friend of mine from school lent me the Gamecube version about a year ago. I loved it but I HATED the Knuckles/Rouge levels. Also, I'm glad the XBLA/PSN/iOS version of Sonic CD offers both OSTs. I go for the Eurasian one, but it's a shame the lyrics were removed from Toot Toot Sonic Warrior (the Eurasian opening theme) for copyright reasons.

Yeah I hate their levels too, they're way too big for treasure hunting IMO. Dx And yep Christian Whitehead (aka TheTaxman on Sonic Retro) had to change that unfortunately... I actually like Sonic Boom a bit better than Toot Toot Sonic Warrior, but that song still is awesome. :) And Blue Spheres I can't even remember the highest level I went up to. :V I remember the first time I tried locking on a game to S&K but didn't know about Blue Spheres. Also I think it was stated by someone who worked on S3 that Blue Spheres was originally going to be "Blue Balls" but they changed it for obvious reasons. xD

tailszero

The Knuckles/Rouge levels I actually kinda enjoy now, but when I first played them, I hated them. Specifically, I hated that the detector only could detect one at a time, when you could detect all of them in Sonic Adventure 1.

TheRaven

So did you guys here about Sonic Boom, the cartoon that is set to come out on CN in the fall of 2014? Well Sega released info about the up coming animated series the other day on their blog, needless to say since I'm not a fan of CG shows I might not check it out but since I love Sonic... That could very much change. xD They also released this image and Knuckles' silhouette looks absolutely atrocious. Knuckles isn't supposed to have fingers! Dx Also it is said to be aimed towards 6-11 year olds and each episode will be 11 minutes so it'll probably be similar to Teen Titans Go, it'll have action but comedy scenes as well.

MechaGS

As much as I love Sonic, I'm not going to bother with this CG monstrosity. I'd rather just stick to the classic cartoons and Sonic X.

tailszero

Huh. Not quite sure what to think about it. I was kinda burned by how badly the localization of Sonic X was handled by 4kids was, as well as the number of unnecessary characters added (looking right at chris thorndyke) but if CN could handle it right I might be interested. Might.

TheRaven

So Lost World has been out for some time now anyone else get it? I have the 3DS version and the special stages are a pain in the butt to complete! Dx They make me pretty dizzy as well, which is odd for a video game. I usually don't get motion sickness from anything but the fact that you have to move the 3DS in the direction you want Sonic to go really gets to me. x.X

Ryusei

I liked Generations. Would buy another game on that style.