Main Menu

General Sonic Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 05, 2013, 03:17:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

Quote from: RyuseiI liked Generations. Would buy another game on that style.

Same man, I loved Generations. Wasn't too happy they included the level from Sonic '06 but can't win them all but the game was epic for the most-part.

Ryusei

A friend of mine bought STH 2006 new. I warned him about the game, but he didn't listen.

tailszero

Quote from: RyuseiA friend of mine bought STH 2006 new. I warned him about the game, but he didn't listen.

Was it at full price? I wouldn't pay much for that game unless I really wanted to prank a friend.

TheRaven

Hopefully it wasn't full price... I bought my copy for $20 and even then that was too much. :V I love Sonic and despite all the back rep it gets even to this day I wanted to own it. I have yet to see any glitches but the whole Elise kissing Sonic thing is just weird IMO... Though I barely have played it...

MechaGS

Quote from: RyuseiA friend of mine bought STH 2006 new. I warned him about the game, but he didn't listen.

I bought it new... that was a massive lapse in judgement and now I'm really careful about what Sonic games I do pick up. Even though I love the blue blur, SEGA really can drill him into the ground.

Ryusei

Quote from: tailszero

Was it at full price?.

He paid about 60 US DOLLAHS

TheRaven

x.X He got ripped off big time... I actually know someone in the sonic community who enjoys that game. Not too many people liked him though... (Not for that, he just didn't want to take the effort to learn how to hack Sonic and made a topic for himself and basically asked people to do his work for him...)

tailszero

Quote from: Ryusei
Quote from: tailszero

Was it at full price?.

He paid about 60 US DOLLAHS

Ugh. Could have gotten two DS games instead.

Weejus

My local CeX sells copies of Sonic '06 for ?15 (roughly $25), which doesn't make sense. Has the game developed enough of a cult following that it's about 5x the price of most games from 2006 that it sells?

tailszero

Quote from: WeejusMy local CeX sells copies of Sonic '06 for ?15 (roughly $25), which doesn't make sense. Has the game developed enough of a cult following that it's about 5x the price of most games from 2006 that it sells?

Well, Bomberman: Act Zero had a small increase in price on amazon after a small group started a small League on Twitch.

MechaGS

Quote from: WeejusMy local CeX sells copies of Sonic '06 for ?15 (roughly $25), which doesn't make sense. Has the game developed enough of a cult following that it's about 5x the price of most games from 2006 that it sells?

This seems to happen over time to games that are considered border-line. I've noticed price hikes in some real stinkers recently and I think it's some new trend to over-price unwanted goods.

I'm most likely wrong, but hey watching the market's getting interesting, especially on used games.

TheRaven

Ew ew ewwww! Did you guys see the image of all the characters re designs for Sonic Boom? Tails and Amy look absolutely awesome but poor Sonic has a scarf bandanna thing and his arms are freaking blue! Dx But Knux... poor Knux looks like he's been hitting the gym way too much or taking steroids. Dx I'm in the process of making a reaction video but for now take a look at their redesigns.

Swan Dive

Amy and Tails look just fine, but Sonic and Knuckles...WHAT THE HECK?  Track Runner Sonic and Running Back Knuckles?  Yeah I agree, they look messed up.. Knuckles looks just plain laughable.  I can't stop snirking at his artwork.  :lol:

TheRaven

Buuump! So recently Orengefox from Sonic Retro purchased the Sonic 2 Game Gear auto demo, a prototype that was sent out to magazine publishers back in '92. He has the game but we're still waiting for him to dump the ROM. I for one cannot wait to hack this prototype, I'm one of the few people who hack the 8-bit Sonic games specifically games built off of Aspect's engine (Sonic 2 SMS/GG, Sonic Chaos, Sonic Triple Trouble, and Sonic Blast) so it'll be interesting to see if we could make this playable somehow or to just rip various data from the rom itself. Here's a video of the prototype in action, following the video is the link to the thread over at Retro.

http://forums.sonicretro.org/index.php?showtopic=33126