Main Menu

General Pokemon Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 07, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So here we can talk about anything Pokemon related including the anime and card game too! So I'll get the convo rolling, what was the first game in the series you played? I started with Yellow version, and I only had a brick gameboy meaning I couldn't play it in color of course. I remember I thought yellow version was a monochrome game and thought the game was in yellow like how Blue and Red are monochrome games, but I was amazed when I found out it wasn't like that. xD My favorite gen is Gen 3 because I thought that's when they came up with the best ideas, natures, secret bases, and introduced wireless connection as well. (Well Leaf Green and Fire Red did but they still came out during Gen 3. :P)

MechaGS

I started with Pokemon Red and ended up playing every single one after that. I've loved Pokemon for way too long now. I'm really looking forward to Pokemon X and Y near the end of the year.

I even collect the anime from Australia (you know, the not butchered version) and it's just nice to sit back with my childhood memories playing before my eyes.

TheRaven

I'm looking forward to both versions as well, but I personally don't care for the fairy type. I dunno I think it was introduced a bit too late for my tastes, and dragons weren't necessarily the strongest in my eyes. (Fighting type is, it's strong against like 5 different types! Dx I don't like it. :P) With that said I'll be getting Y as I like Yveltal, and Dark is my favorite type. Haven't pre-ordered the game though, I'm probably just going to wait for it to come out since I don't think we get anything too special here at least. I might have to look at other retailers though. :V

MechaGS

The West (NA and EU) are getting two limited edition 3DS XL's released, (2 months before the game) so if you're still in the market for a XL it might be a good time to grab one.

Here are the designs:-

I may opt for the blue one as I'd like to upgrade to a XL. Still only got my launch 3DS.

TheRaven

Those are pretty epic looking, but I own a 3DS already so yeah. :P Oh yeah who else is stoked to see Pokemon Origins the anime special based around Red and Blue? (Green in Japan, but I prefer to call him Blue. :P) It's going to be epic, I always sort of wished that the anime was similar to the games but in a way I'm sort of glad it's different. I don't care for the anime now as much as I did back in the day, but it's still interesting that it's different yet similar to the games. The only thing that really bothers me is the fact that Ash has earned most of his badges by cheap shots such as turning on the sprinkler system while battling against Brock, and whenever he goes out of the way to help Gym Leaders and they automatically think he has earned their badge even without a fight. I also laugh at the fact that he's never became the champion before, but I guess it's to teach kids that you really don't have to win all the time and that winning isn't everything. :P

MechaGS

I'm rather excited about the new anime as it will be cool to see it from the games point of view instead of from randomly made up content. Should make for an interesting watch.

As much as I loved the original Pokemon series, I have to admit they were super cheesy and as Raven pointed out... Ash sucked! :P

TheRaven

xD He still sucks in the current anime as well. It always bothers me when he whips out his Pokedex to get information on Pokemon he has seen so many times in his journey. :V I know it's just to show younger viewers who didn't grow up with the original series what the Pokemon is called but come on. xD

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenxD He still sucks in the current anime as well. It always bothers me when he whips out his Pokedex to get information on Pokemon he has seen so many times in his journey. :V I know it's just to show younger viewers who didn't grow up with the original series what the Pokemon is called but come on. xD

Yeah, can understand why that would get annoying. Didn't the art style change too, it makes them look younger (and Brock looks really weird!).

I think, for sanity's sake I'll stick with the games for now. Might check out the new anime when it hits but the further away from Ash and his cronies the better.

TheRaven

When in doubt always go to the games. xD I'm wanting to read the manga as well, all series. I heard they are pretty cool. At one point when I was younger I had the Electric Tale of Pikachu comics but didn't like them since they weren't like the anime and I gave them away. How naive I was, I wish I still had them. Dx

Beck

I used to watch the anime when i was really young, but i didn't like it anymore after Misty left the show and got replaced with May. I got interested in the game and trading cards in fifth grade and got one of my friends to give me his copies of fire red and emerald for free. Somehow I also managed to get a huge deck of cards with buying any of them  :D But I hadn't played any of the games since Pearl. Oh yeah, my favorite pokemon is Blaziken lol.

tailszero

The first game I had was gold, and I would later get Sapphire, Red, lose my copy of gold and get a copy of silver, Diamond version, and two years ago I bought Black. I didn't have the money for Black 2, but I have enough for Y version.

jacktheking

Anyone here is with me? Favorite Pokemon games, Emerald version?

Weejus

My favourite is HeartGold/SoulSilver. The 5th generation in general was way overhyped and ended up being, while fun, a disappointment. Gen 5 is by no means a blemish on the series, it just wasn't as good as it was made out to be.

astarisborn94

I'm actually excited for this gen. It's the first time the franchise goes into 3D and I really look forward to giving Pok?mon another shot after the disppointment that was the 4th gen (I didn't play 5th gen). First, however, I have to get a 3DS.

tailszero

Quote from: astarisborn94I'm actually excited for this gen. It's the first time the franchise goes into 3D and I really look forward to giving Pok?mon another shot after the disppointment that was the 4th gen (I didn't play 5th gen). First, however, I have to get a 3DS.

Which part of the 4th gen was a disappointment to you? I can see that for Diamond/Pearl, but Heartgold and Soulsilver were great games. Also, gen 5 Black/White are really good games. The region is rather linear, but the soundtrack is great and the games give an overall more fresh feeling.