Main Menu

General Pokemon Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 07, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anon

Some new pokemon and my thoughts (sry if this is late news)

Chespin's Evo:

i don't really like it

Fennekin's Evo:

mixed feelings. i like it... but i don't like it at the same time :/

Froakie's Evo:

This one I like.

Furry Thing (i dun know the name):

..../pets

Cat Twins (dun know name either):

I like. They have different fighting styles. Male (on left) plays defensively, Female (on right) plays aggressively. and they are cute and psychic types :D

T-Rex (dun know name)

intresting...

Brontosaurs (dun know name):

Kawaii~~~~

Mega Evos:

Mega Garchomp=Yay

Mega Mewtwo=.....wth??

TheRaven

NOOO I hate the Fairy type the most, it's super effective against my favorite type Dark. I hated it when they announced it, but it wasn't my least favorite type. Now it is, I am refusing to have any Fairy types in my party. >_< And no I'm not a genwunner I just don't like how A. they announced this new lame type so late, and B. why would it be super effective against Dark?! Dx I'm still not sure if I want to start with Fennekin or Chespin, but I like Fennekin's second form better than Chespin's. Also why does Mewtwo get a Mega form along side that strange form that was announced a while back? I feel that the first form they introduced should just be Mewthree at this point. :P

MechaGS

Since they're announced that the original three are pickable as starter pokemon, I'm going to start out with Charmander. Can't beat a little fire in your party. :D

I'm not too keen on the new starters and their evolvations looks weird (I think Fennekin is the most interesting out of the three). Guess we'll see how I feel when the game hits.

TheRaven

Oh yeah I forgot about the Kanto starters, gotta go with Bulbasaur on that one. But since that's the Kanto starter I will be getting, then I will probably end up picking Fennekin since it wouldn't make sense to have two grass starters. xD But yeah Fairies are lame.  :beckangry

Weejus

So, what's everyone's opinions on the two new Mewtwo formes? I honestly like Mega Mewtwo X (the one that was announced yesterday). He kinda bears a resemblance to Cell from DBZ (although not as much as Mewtwo does to Frieza and Mega Mewtwo Y does to Kid Buu).

tailszero

Quote from: TheRavenNOOO I hate the Fairy type the most, it's super effective against my favorite type Dark. I hated it when they announced it, but it wasn't my least favorite type. Now it is, I am refusing to have any Fairy types in my party. >_< And no I'm not a genwunner I just don't like how A. they announced this new lame type so late, and B. why would it be super effective against Dark?! Dx I'm still not sure if I want to start with Fennekin or Chespin, but I like Fennekin's second form better than Chespin's. Also why does Mewtwo get a Mega form along side that strange form that was announced a while back? I feel that the first form they introduced should just be Mewthree at this point. :P

A general reason for the fairy type is that it gives them an excuse to re-balance how types interact, and make Steel/Dragon types less overpowered. And also make it so no type combination lacks weaknesses. Considering that Dark only had two weaknesses before then, I don't really mind much. Also, the "Strange new form" Mewtwo was announced to have is also a Mega evolution. He has one for each game.

Edit: almost forgot to mention, Dark gained a strength in that it is now neutral against steel rather than steel resisting.

astarisborn94

Quote from: tailszero
Quote from: astarisborn94I'm actually excited for this gen. It's the first time the franchise goes into 3D and I really look forward to giving Pok?mon another shot after the disppointment that was the 4th gen (I didn't play 5th gen). First, however, I have to get a 3DS.

Which part of the 4th gen was a disappointment to you? I can see that for Diamond/Pearl, but Heartgold and Soulsilver were great games. Also, gen 5 Black/White are really good games. The region is rather linear, but the soundtrack is great and the games give an overall more fresh feeling.
It was the Diamond/Pearl part (never got HeartGold/SoulSilver). The game just did not capture my interest long enough for me to beat the game, which was a first for me considered that I loved the first three generations.

MechaGS

Quote from: astarisborn94The game just did not capture my interest long enough for me to beat the game, which was a first for me considered that I loved the first three generations.

I've felt this way about the last few. It's why I've been careful not to play every single one that's come out.

I'm hoping that X and Y offer a little re-invigoration to the series. :)

TheRaven

So is there anything you guys don't like about gen six? I really hate the fairy type and now we get experience after catching a wild pokemon, something else i don't like. If that's the case then we might as well gain experience for running away from wild pokemon. It's a rpg, i feel that you must defeat your opponent to gain experience, not become friends with them. I have a feeling it's because they mentioned something about friendship...

tailszero

Quote from: TheRavenSo is there anything you guys don't like about gen six? I really hate the fairy type and now we get experience after catching a wild pokemon, something else i don't like. If that's the case then we might as well gain experience for running away from wild pokemon. It's a rpg, i feel that you must defeat your opponent to gain experience, not become friends with them. I have a feeling it's because they mentioned something about friendship...

Considering that most of the time, catching a pokemon is more difficult then fainting it, I think gaining exp from that is something we have been needing.

TheRaven

I just don't like it, it's sort of like holding the player's hand. Capturing the pokemon is a reward within itself and that should really be the only reward. Why gain experience from a battle that is not even won? The prize should be the Pokemon, not extra experience. :\

MechaGS

Quote from: TheRavenI just don't like it, it's sort of like holding the player's hand. Capturing the pokemon is a reward within itself and that should really be the only reward. Why gain experience from a battle that is not even won? The prize should be the Pokemon, not extra experience. :\

I think the main thing we need to remember is Pokemon is for kids, not really for people past their late teens. Even though many of us love it, it's not marketed for us and as such, some of the features are added to make kids feel like they're getting something even if they do it wrong.

They're going to throw as much tripe in there to make kids feel good, etc as they can about playing the game. I may not agree, but unfortunately it's business and Nintendo are great at pulling the young into their realm considering they've gone family-friendly nuts!

Nintendo don't really make games for mature audiences. As much as I love my Wii U and 3DS, it's just something we have to live with.

Sorry if this post sounds a little harsh, but it's pretty much true of Nintendo's marketing and development these days.

TheRaven

And you are definitely correct about nintendo being marketed towards kids, and that's probably why they're changing things up. Still I'll just look over that and still play the game. :\

tailszero

If they make a higher difficulty mode like they did with Black 2/White 2, I will be fine with the difficulty.

MechaGS

Quote from: tailszeroIf they make a higher difficulty mode like they did with Black 2/White 2, I will be fine with the difficulty.

It would be in their best interests not to remove the harder difficulty mode now since people loved it so much. Shame they haven't confirmed it yet though.