Main Menu

General Pokemon Topic

Started by TheRaven, September 07, 2013, 02:39:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheRaven

So I started playing a hack called Light Platinum and boy is it freaking difficult at the beginning. I had no way of healing my Pokemon and barely made it pass the trainers in the first route. xD I just got my second badge and I am waiting for my Eevee egg to hatch so then I can get a Larvitar. :3 Has anyone else played this hack before? I heard Ash is pretty difficult to defeat. (Funny thing is he's the world champion in the game. :V)

Swan Dive

I bought Pokemon X, but it didn't seem to reel me in as much as Black did.  To be honest, it feels too easy (and not just because of the exp share item).

I've never tried any Pokemon mods/hacks myself, never really looked into them.

TheRaven

Sooo Pokemon Bank has finally been released everywhere as of yesterday. (Or was it the other day? I've been playing too much Turok so the days seemed to have blended in with each other, not to mention that I had a snow day since the roads were bad I didn't go to work yesterday. :V) Get to porting over your Pokemon from your older DS games if you haven't yet!

TheRaven

Has anyone else been keeping up with Twitch plays Pokemon Red? xD I've signed in and posted a few button commands myself, this made the CNN and BBC news today though. We're in Lavender Town, with the Silph Scope in hand and trying to make it through Pokemon Tower. (If only they knew about the removing overworld Pokemon glitch I discovered myself... ah well.) Go check it out and if you have a Twitch.tv account it's fun to post different button commands. :V

http://www.twitch.tv/twitchplayspokemon

Swan Dive

I heard about the Twitch but honestly don't have much interest in it myself.  It's pretty neat how they set that up though.  

I finally got the Pokebank for some of my Black transfers, but for some reason I can't seem to get into the game like I did with Black.  After seeing the very tiny Pokedex and small amount of new Pokemon added, I felt a bit robbed.  I appreciate all the new graphics and features, but it seems like they forgot the coolest part of Pokemon (at least in my opinion) - catching and discovering NEW Pokemon!

TheRaven

Our prayers have been answered, Hoenn has been officially confirmed! Yes that's right, we are getting remakes of Ruby and Sapphire, set to come out in November! I'll be getting Omega Ruby!! :D

Gen three is my favorite Generation of Pokemon and I got Ruby back when it first came out. According to Serebii, the games will be a fresh new take on Ruby and Sapphire with a new storyline. I'm so super stoked!   :beckveryhappy

Lienn

I'm looking foward to it too! ^^ Hoenn isn't my hav region, but also not even close to be the least fav too ^^

Hopefully they will make a new story! I'd kill for some kind of "10 years later" approach, being actually an "Emerald 2" story-wise (since Emerald already had an enhanced story if compared to RS)! But even if it's just an enhanced version from Emerald story (like HGSS were from Crystal) it's about time! ^^

But after seeing how better Misty became being only 3 years older at GSC, i do would love seeing May older! ^^

MechaGS

I think I'm going off Pokemon games now. I didn't play X as much as I thought I would and now I'm not feeling these remakes.

I think I'm getting old! :(

TheRaven

God I love Omega Ruby. I've caught my very first shiny ever, besides Red Gyarados in Crystal/Soul Silver. It's a shiny Reshiram, and I didn't soft reset once to get it. :P I started with Mudkip of course, and named my character "Brendon" because I mistakenly named him that back when I first got Ruby as a kid. xD (Though back then I started with Treecko...) Anyone else got a copy of Omega Ruby or Alpha Sapphire? :)