Kaio: King of Pirates (3DS)

Started by MechaGS, December 18, 2013, 11:07:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

Release:

Hopefully 2014

Official Link:

Click to View

[rimg width=224 height=127:12stpa80]http://www.maql.co.jp/product/kaio/en/images/kaiopv_004.jpg[/rimg]  [rimg width=224 height=127:12stpa80]http://www.maql.co.jp/product/kaio/en/images/kaiopv_007.jpg[/rimg]  [rimg width=224 height=127:12stpa80]http://www.maql.co.jp/product/kaio/en/images/kaiopv_011.jpg[/rimg]

Kaio: King of Pirates is an upcoming video game in development at Keiji Inafune's new development studio Intercept and published by Marvelous AQL for the Nintendo 3DS handheld video game system.

Context:

Kaio is a story of heroes and their epic battles for the legendary coins.

Gameplay:

This is yet to be detailed by either Intercept or Marvelous AQL.

My Thoughts:

I'm looking forward to seeing how the game looks and plays. With Keiji Inafune at the helm, we should get a pretty interesting new IP. The only issue is it's been delayed twice so I guess we'll see how that affects it down the line.

Swan Dive

Hmm, the art style and presentation, I'm not liking it in this.  Overall, it seems too Skylanders'ish too for me, at least by what that video is showing.  That penguin swashbuckler does look kinda cool though..  :mrgreen:

Ryusei

It looks like the kind of game that never gets localized in the west and sells poorly.

Lienn

Well, i personally don't like games that hide behind CGs at teaser. Often this sounds like "the gameplay isn't good enough to be worth showing".

But seeing this it does feel like old-school adventure/RPGs like LoZ Link to the Past, Secret of Mana and Summon Night games. If i was to expect a gameplay of it, certainly would be something like this.

Swan Dive

I sure wish the Summon Night games (besides that DS one that looks too simplistic compared to what I've seen the PS2 do) were translated..they look great.

Yeah, this game though, I'll keep an eye on, but don't expect much of it atm.

MechaGS

Quote from: Swan DiveYeah, this game though, I'll keep an eye on, but don't expect much of it atm.

They're going to push this game hard in the west. All of the recent news is about how they expect it to do well with a western audience.

They're also going to be pushing it hard in Japan with an anime (by Studio Perriot -- the guys behind the adaptions of Bleach and Naruto) and other physical memorabilia.

Should be interesting to see how Inafune-san's development company does. I think Inti Creates is in charge of MN9 development because Intercept are working on this game.

Weejus

Quote from: MechaGS
Quote from: Swan DiveYeah, this game though, I'll keep an eye on, but don't expect much of it atm.

They're going to push this game hard in the west. All of the recent news is about how they expect it to do well with a western audience.

They're also going to be pushing it hard in Japan with an anime (by Studio Perriot -- the guys behind the adaptions of Bleach and Naruto) and other physical memorabilia.

Should be interesting to see how Inafune-san's development company does. I think Inti Creates is in charge of MN9 development because Intercept are working on this game.

Studio Pierrot? They went for the cheap option, eh? (remembers that episode of Shippuuden with Pain...*shudder*)