And some others:

[spoilerbox]

[/spoilerbox]

Ryusei

Ryusei

Ryusei

Ryusei

MechaGS

Thought I'd link the remastered Tales of Symphonia opening from the Chronicles set (Japanese)

Ryusei

Ryusei

Asami Imai sings wonderfully.

Shiroyami

Quote from: RyuseiAsami Imai sings wonderfully.

I think adding vocals to Condemnation Wings to be blasphemy, but that's just my opinion.

Those songs are a lot sadder/melancholic given the nature of the series but there you go:

Ryusei

Quote from: ShiroyamiI think adding vocals to Condemnation Wings to be blasphemy

I think it improves the song.

Shangri-La is eargasmic.

Ryusei

Shiroyami

Quote from: Ryusei
Quote from: ShiroyamiI think adding vocals to Condemnation Wings to be blasphemy

I think it improves the song.

As much as I love her voice acting work, her singing... I don't know, it does't feel like it's on par with her skill. It's not bad but it doesn't stand out either... that's just my opinion though.

Ryusei

Quote from: Shiroyamibut it doesn't stand out eithet

Now i disagree with that. If anything, it makes the song stand out, given BB soundtracks are mostly composed of instrumental tracks. After a while of hearing instrumental only music playing the games, vocal tracks are refreshing.

As for the song alone: the sacrifice made in rhythm is compensated by the lyrics, which add extra meanings to it for the player/listener to interpret and makes it more interesting.

Shiroyami

Quote from: Ryusei
Quote from: Shiroyamibut it doesn't stand out eithet

Now i disagree with that. If anything, it makes the song stand out, given most of the BB soundtrack is composed of instrumental tracks. After a while of only hearing instrumental only music playing the game, vocal tracks are refreshing.

As for the song alone: the sacrifice made in rhythm is compensated by the lyrics, which add extra meanings to it for the player/listener to interpret and makes it more interesting.

I meant that it doesn't quite stand out as far as japanese music is concerned, not quite from an in-game perspective. And as far as I know, the only vocal tracks that play during the Blazblue games are Sword of Doom and Childish Killer, which are original tracks without a instrumental counterpart and not a pre-existing song with added vocals. But then again, the only reason I know the series is because of the music so chances are I have no idea of what I'm talking about and it's a matter of taste. I find it hard to get into vocals, especially when it feels like the song was meant to be instrumental.

Ryusei

Quote from: ShiroyamiI meant that it doesn't quite stand out as far as japanese music is concerned

Something very hard to do given how many one-hit wonders it possess.

If you like 2D fighting games and appreciate a story mode with more plot than the usual you'd get from a game of the subgenre, then by all means play Blazblue.

Each character story mode works like a fragment of a visual novel, with choices and multiple endings based on them and the outcome of some battles.