Main Menu

Senran Kagura Burst (3DS)

Started by MechaGS, January 24, 2014, 01:53:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

Release:

NA: November 14, 2013 (eShop only)

EU: February 27th, 2014 (eShop), February 28th, 2014 (Boxed)

Official Link:

Click to View

[rimg width=224 height=127:31d3r2a6]http://images.nintendolife.com/screenshots/53964/large.jpg[/rimg]  [rimg width=224 height=127:31d3r2a6]http://images.nintendolife.com/screenshots/53963/large.jpg[/rimg]  [rimg width=224 height=127:31d3r2a6]http://images.nintendolife.com/screenshots/53138/large.jpg[/rimg]

Senran Kagura is a side scrolling action game for the 3DS. The player will assume the control of 5 different female ninja characters. The more they are damaged by enemies, the more their clothes are torn off. The game also features erotic elements that use the features of the Nintendo 3DS system such as stereoscopic 3D, 3D cleavage along with 3D images of other body parts. Senran Kagura will feature character designs by Nan Yaegashi and scenario work from Yukinori Kitajima.

Plot:

Kept secret from the rest of the world, high school girls are secretly trained in the art of ninjitsu. Skirting Shadows revolves around the trainee shinobi of Hanz? Academy; Asuka, Ikaruga, Katsuragi, Yagyuu and Hibari, as they complete missions and battle against rival ninjas. Crimson Girls on the other hand follows the students of the dark academy, Hebijo Clandestine Girls' Academy; Homura, Yomi, Hikage, Mirai and Haruka.

My Thoughts:

I'm not sure what to think of this game. It was a highly asked for title when XSeed was bombarded by fans wanting the game to get a western release. They finally managed it by making it a download-only title in the States to skip the ESRB's rules.

I'll be keeping an eye on this one but if I ever feel like I'm in the mood for a busty anime brawler, I'll know where to look.

Don't suppose anyone on here from the States bought it? If so, give us the low-down! :D

Ryusei

The normal enemy waves are very repetitive and the combat is simple and easy, but the characters are sexy and charming (plus more developed than one would expect from this kind of game) and due the portable nature of the systems SK games are on, its flaws are considerably more tolerable since it was made with the idea of playing in short bursts (and it's not like the 3DS's controls would be good to play, let's say Ninja Gaiden Black).

Unlike the download only American version (which can have its framerate vary depending the quality of the SD card used to store the game), the European version has the advantage of a physical release, and a 3D poster (for people who pre-order it).

It'd be wise to consider there really aren't any other games like SK for the system, and it's not like the 3DS has Dragon's Crown or Oboro Muramasa anyway, so it's up to the potential consumer to decide if he or she wants to acquire a fun but very repetitive & easy beat'em up with sexy big breasted characters to play in short bursts or not.

epicnights

Quote from: "Ryusei"(plus more developed than one would expect from this kind of game)

Yeah, definitely a lot more "developed", if ya know what I'm sayin'. *raises eyebrows*

MechaGS

Quote from: epicnights
Quote from: Ryusei(plus more developed than one would expect from this kind of game)

Yeah, definitely a lot more "developed", if ya know what I'm sayin'. *raises eyebrows*

That's the breast quip I've seen all day!

Ryusei

Well played, but i was talking about the personalities, something you don't usually see developed in beat'em ups. Ultimately the personalities are what can make them stand out or not over the 10000 other characters with big breasts since their character designs don't look too special. It's all about what combinations of personality and looks the player finds cooler/cuter/more endearing/sexier/etc.

Ryusei

http://www.hanzonationalacademy.com/ (Official US website)

Check the Game System and Characters tabs.

Ryusei

The market has spoken, censorship advocates squirm.

Weejus

That box art... :shock: I'm not sure shops will want to stock it.

Swan Dive

From, what I heard the game didn't do too well.  Bad reviews everywhere, and with points that I agreed with.  This game seems to do it's job well for people that know what they want the game for.  The battles do look flashy though (in a good way).  Not a fan of overdrawn breasts on characters myself. >_< I can't play a portable game like this in public.  HAHA.