Main Menu

Mega Man: Archie Comics / GN Series

Started by MechaGS, October 15, 2013, 08:10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MechaGS

I've been collecting the Archie Comics series of Mega Man for a while now (have to import it from the States) but wondered if anyone else was picking them up?

I've found it's easier to wait 3 months each time for the graphic novel release as it contains all chapters unlike the comics which release in four parts for every volume. It also works out slightly cheaper at $12 a volume.

If you're not yet reading / collecting them, they're a brilliant read and the artwork is amazing. I recommend them to all Mega Man fans. Read about them here. :D

P.S. The World's Collide (a Mega Man x Sonic mash-up) comics are out in the States but the graphic novel versions have been announced. First one comes out in November. I'll be grabbing those up too. :P

TheRaven

I've been wanting to read these comics, heck I would love to own some of them including Worlds Collide. I mean my two favorite gaming franchises fused together in a comic? What more could I ask for? xD For now I may just read the comics online but I would love to own them someday. :)

mightyno67277p

@MechaGS

If they are listed on wikia, someone's sharing them on Gnutella, GNUnet, Freenet, I2P, or a NTTP, surely.

MechaGS

Quote from: "mightyno67277p"@MechaGS

If they are listed on wikia, someone's sharing them on Gnutella, GNUnet, Freenet, I2P, or a NTTP, surely.

Probably, but I want to own them cause they're Mega Man. I couldn't care less about downloadable versions. :)

Plus, only money will see them continued and I want to see as many as possible come out in the future.

undamned

My wife bought me the first set (4 issues in one book, I think?) with artwork by Spaz.  Dude, that guy is my Megaman comic artist hero.  I was in fanboy heaven pouring over those.  Then I picked up the 2nd book.  I don't even know if I finished it.  Compared to the quality and style of Spaz's art, it was like looking at... I don't know, some cheap knock-off.  Sorry to dog the other artists on the project, but Spaz destroys them.

If you haven't picked any of these up, do yourself a favor and pick up the first few.  You are in for a treat!

-ud