Main Menu

Yaiba: Ninja Gaiden Z a COMCEPT project.

Started by 13445, January 30, 2014, 07:40:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Looking at the direction of this game. Its bad humor, and EDGY script and lines. I have to say I am now worried about just how MN9 is going to turn out. If the same guys that think the lowbrow stuff in Yaiba is a good idea....then I have lost a lot of faith in what me might get out of MN9.

Every preview just makes me cringe a bit more then the last. Which is sad since the brawler gameplay looks solid for it but i cant divorce that from the bad choices for the characters lines and interactions with miss Monday that just make you cringe cause of how bad they are. Its just as bad as New Dante and Virgil from DMC:dmc. Just wow.

Oh they are including MN9 costumes as DLC for Yaiba

Ryusei

Dynasty Warriors with zombies and a Deadpool wannabe as the main character...

I tell you what, i'll buy it if Inafune fires Dina and gets a better Community Manager for MN9.

NinjablazerZero

I'm also dissapointed in Yaiba. I was really looking forward to it, but after the trailers, I just can't support it anymore.

As for being worried about MN9, I'm not, and you shouldn't be. They are two totally different genres and different settings, different characters with different backgrounds and all. Not to mention a lot of it is focused on making it feel like Megaman in spirit, so chances are we won't have to worry about such things. Honestly, it just means I probably wouldn't like some of their action games if that's how they make edgy characters, but I don't think that will bleed into MN9.

There's also the consideration of writers and stuff who worked on that game. I doubt the MN9 crew working on writing is the only writing staff they have, so as long as the people who were writing for Yaiba aren't writing for MN9, I think we should be cautious, but we shouldn't be scared or losing faith. Definitely cause for concern, but I don't think it's enough to assume this is what all their other games will be.

Quote from: NinjablazerZeroI'm also dissapointed in Yaiba. I was really looking forward to it, but after the trailers, I just can't support it anymore.

As for being worried about MN9, I'm not, and you shouldn't be. They are two totally different genres and different settings, different characters with different backgrounds and all. Not to mention a lot of it is focused on making it feel like Megaman in spirit, so chances are we won't have to worry about such things. Honestly, it just means I probably wouldn't like some of their action games if that's how they make edgy characters, but I don't think that will bleed into MN9.

There's also the consideration of writers and stuff who worked on that game. I doubt the MN9 crew working on writing is the only writing staff they have, so as long as the people who were writing for Yaiba aren't writing for MN9, I think we should be cautious, but we shouldn't be scared or losing faith. Definitely cause for concern, but I don't think it's enough to assume this is what all their other games will be.

Im sorry but im a backer that has had to deal with our new communist mod and learned that Comcept new about her abuse of the community and might have rubber stamped the abuse. It has actually brought up many ???? about just how competent inafunes company is and their reputation is starting to collapse the longer the issue has gone one.

let alone the fact that the CM has just added more fuel to the fire with almost ever decision she has made and the unethical and uneven treatment of the community and blatant favoritism. Its just no good. The community pretty much has no say in anything going on even though that was part of the pitch of the kickstarter.

Ryusei

Quote from: NinjablazerZeroI'm also dissapointed in Yaiba. I was really looking forward to it, but after the trailers, I just can't support it anymore.

I know. It's like in each new footage video the combat system looks more braindead (no pun intended) every time.

And this is not a 30$ game, it's a 60$ title for consoles which have games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGR:R.

There is no excuse.

Quote from: Ryusei

I know. It's like in each new footage video the combat system looks more braindead (no pun intended) every time.

And this is not a 30$ game, it's a 60$ title for consoles which have games like Bayonetta, Ninja Gaiden 2 and MGR:R.

There is no excuse.

Yeah originally i was interested cause it was NG game, some of the early stuff looked neat. Now every new trailer has me not wanting it.

Weejus

I've not seen any gameplay but the fact that Grant Kirkhope is composing the music makes me intrigued about it.

Swan Dive

All this talk about "communist mods" in the MN9 forum makes me wonder if a cultural barrier is what is causing the issue.  Perhaps Japanese grown moderators act much differently and demand different attitudes?  I really don't know and am ignorant since I'm not a backer, but still I wonder..why an infant company (I'd expect that from one like EA) would risk their future funding by ruining their relationship with their loyal community so early?  

The downvotes speak for themselves.

About this game, wow, yeah, a (bad) Deadpool clone is the best way to put this game.  What the heck? I guess Inafune-san just makes games as he sees fit, and hopes they become popular or masterpieces?  I can understand that I suppose..Or maybe he's testing the market to see what people like?  I really don't know.

TheCloudyEye

Quote from: Swan DiveI guess Inafune-san just makes games as he sees fit, and hopes they become popular or masterpieces? I can understand that I suppose..Or maybe he's testing the market to see what people like?

From what he said in his speech at D.I.C.E., I can only assume that he wants to go back to the "good old days" when he can make games the way he likes it and doesn't have to care whether his game would sell or be well-received.

Swan Dive

Ah, okay, that makes sense'  I can respect that then.

Quote from: TheCloudyEye
Quote from: Swan DiveI guess Inafune-san just makes games as he sees fit, and hopes they become popular or masterpieces? I can understand that I suppose..Or maybe he's testing the market to see what people like?

From what he said in his speech at D.I.C.E., I can only assume that he wants to go back to the "good old days" when he can make games the way he likes it and doesn't have to care whether his game would sell or be well-received.

He is trying to go back to the good old days of answering to know one alright. And it seems that he is doing it with the kick-starter project where he said he wanted to listen to the fans first it seems.

Thats part of the problem.

icannotdomyjob

I read it was mediocre, even in the forums. Let's hope Mighty No. 9 is not:

http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstat ... a-gaiden-z

MechaGS

Yaiba is really mediocre. It should have been like a Suda-51 game in terms of popularity (you know, how Suda's games are widely hated by most but have a mega following anyway) but it doesn't even manage to cut itself a slice of that action.

I think having three developers working on the game didn't help though. I know that Spike did most of the work but with Comcept and Team Ninja jumping in when they felt like it... that must have been a bad experience. Reminds me of Aliens: Colonial Marines.

TechnoWolf

Allow me to revive this topic, as I finally started to play this game I got during Steam sales (I... should treat myself regarding my spending habits on steam sales >.>)

So....

I got blocked near the beginning : there's a chopper that fires rockets at me and I must parry those by hitting Rb at the moment the rocket hits me.

This is the kind of mechanic I had to deal with in countless games : Zelda, Nidhogg, Towerfall, Metal Gear Rising, Ninja Blade, Devil May Cry (all of them).... Well... every game that has fighting with swords in it, really... so you know, if I didn't know how to parry, I wouldn't be playing DMC 4 SE these days, rather Call of Duty AW......

This parry doesn't work.

I'm blocked at a mechanic tutorial...

... in a game where I can't remap the controls, even for the keyboard (and no, it doesn't work with the keyboard either)

MFW I realized it :

http://i50.tinypic.com/1553u6t.jpg

Steam claims I have 62 minutes on this game

I'm tempted to "ask" a request if can't have the 62 minutes of my life back.