Main Menu

Your favourite Mega Man game?

Started by Weejus, February 22, 2014, 04:01:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Weejus

Mine is Mega Man 9. It was the first one I played and I've never had a bigger challenge from any game. 5 years of no progress until one day I ended up beating 5 Robot Masters in one day. No joke.

For your favourite, it can be from any Mega Man series, not just the classic series.

TheCloudyEye

Mega Man 2. It was my very first Mega Man game and I still enjoy it to this day.

TheRaven

Mine is definitely a tie between Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4 and Mega Man Legends 2. I honestly can't just pick one, but obviously both are my favorites from each perspective series. I haven't really played too many games in the Zero series or Battle Network Series, and I have yet to play any game in the Starforce series.

Shiroyami

Quote from: "TheRaven"Mine is definitely a tie between Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4 and Mega Man Legends 2. I honestly can't just pick one, but obviously both are my favorites from each perspective series. I haven't really played too many games in the Zero series or Battle Network Series, and I have yet to play any game in the Starforce series.

Megaman 8 truly is an underappreciated gem. Great boss battles and probably my favorite weapon selection in Classic.

My favorites of all time are the first three MMX games, with MM6, BN2 and Z4 being my favorites from their respective series. I don't care much for Star Force //  ZX and I've never played Legends.

Jagos

Mega Man X1 - X3 Hands down.

Getting a wall kick was great and for any other game, I just couldn't go back to the regular Mega Man series.  I also liked the ZX series, but need to play it some more to get a better feel for it.

After that, the series kind of exhausted itself...

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "Shiroyami"
Quote from: "TheRaven"Mine is definitely a tie between Mega Man 8, Mega Man X4 and Mega Man Legends 2. I honestly can't just pick one, but obviously both are my favorites from each perspective series. I haven't really played too many games in the Zero series or Battle Network Series, and I have yet to play any game in the Starforce series.

Megaman 8 truly is an underappreciated gem. Great boss battles and probably my favorite weapon selection in Classic.

My favorites of all time are the first three MMX games, with MM6, BN2 and Z4 being my favorites from their respective series. I don't care much for Star Force //  ZX and I've never played Legends.

Got any love for the classic series?  Just wondering.  I know that for most people it falls into the gray area usually because of how hard it was.

*EDIT*

I see that you chose Mega Man 6!  Great choice.  I always liked the ideas of the robot masters being from different countries.  I remember insisting that my mom enter the contest for the robot masters when i was a kid.

GUnitCOlima

It is really difficult for me to generalize and pick one favorite out of all the different series.  Mega Man 2 on the classic side of things.  Mega Man X for the X series.  The reason?  Because like everyone else I like that it's easy, haha.  I really like The first Battle Network game and in the Legends series I would choose 2 because they took everything from the first game and made it better.

GUnitCOlima

Quote from: "Weejus"Mine is Mega Man 9. It was the first one I played and I've never had a bigger challenge from any game. 5 years of no progress until one day I ended up beating 5 Robot Masters in one day. No joke.

For your favourite, it can be from any Mega Man series, not just the classic series.

Mega Man 9 sure is a challenge and it is extremely fun.  The only reason I would still say it isn't any more difficult than Mega Man is the save feature, or lack thereof.  That was a complete shock the first time my father and I played for 10 hours and we got to Wily's Stages only to find we could not save.  Also if you are looking for a challenge try Mega Man & Bass.  That's a bastard of a game!

Shiroyami

Quote from: "GUnitCOlima"
Quote from: "Shiroyami"

Got any love for the classic series?  Just wondering.  I know that for most people it falls into the gray area usually because of how hard it was.

*EDIT*

I see that you chose Mega Man 6!  Great choice.  I always liked the ideas of the robot masters being from different countries.  I remember insisting that my mom enter the contest for the robot masters when i was a kid.

I like the Classic series better than X when it comes to gameplay because its quality is a lot more consistent. At the same time, the games are more similar to each other so it's hard to pick ONE favorite. I'd probably choose 3, 4, 6 and 8 though. I played very little Megaman 9 but it looked like one of the best Classic games out there.

As for 6, it was my first NES Classic game so the fact that it's one of the easiest helped me a lot into learning how to deal with the simpler controls and the like. It also has some of my favorite Robot Masters battles (Yamato, Tomahawk and Flame) and the music is absolutely fantastic and underrated.