Main Menu

Official Update Thread

Started by Weejus, February 22, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

"collecting the information and package them in a way to be researched"?  Are you referring to how Dina is collecting all of our suggestions and using that to come up with polls and surveys?

2 problems:

First, it's nice that they want get some ideas from us prior to asking us anything directly, but the information they're gathering are only from a handful of backers who use the forum.  Remember that only a small percentage of backers actually log into forums, and fewer actually talk about the game.  So perhaps the idea was a good one, it totally fails since they're not gathering information from the majority of the backers which really defeats the point.

And secondly, that's no excuse for not releasing other polls/surveys while they're working on those ones.  What happened to selecting the Doctor/Professor?  Similar to the Call polls, they could have easily made 2 polls out of that one.  How about polls based on the boss, such as their character design or attacks?  That's like at least 8 polls right there.  Look, just right there I came up with polls that easily covered the past few months of nothing!

Home15

Well I dont know i dont have acces to the official forums.

Lets see...

SURVEYS: Within the first few weeks of a successful Kickstarter campaign, members of the Mighty community can take part in a survey to help judge their overall priorities: difficulty balance, length vs. replayability, favorite features of older games and what you hate?things like that.

I guese this is the survey of collecting data what people want to see, or what they dont like (mostly the community managers job)

POLLS: From time to time, the team will ask the community to choose between ideas or characters they?ve come up with. For example, the first poll planned is to choose between several designs to pick the look for Beck?s trusted partner, Call. (That?s right: Beck & Call.)

I think this one is already furfilled

CONTESTS: Later on in production, the team will hold a contest within the Mighty community to design an enemy! Come up with your coolest or craziest design and a fun way to sell the team and your fellow community members on it, and who knows?

Since there to busy with the game I think that one is on hold ?

AND ??? These are just a few of the ideas the team has already that all backers will have access to. (At higher pledge levels, more involved but necessarily-limited interactions like beta access and more are likewise possible.)

Game not beta yet.

Quote from: Home15Well I dont know i dont have acces to the official forums.

Lets see...

Are you even a backer?

QuoteSURVEYS: Within the first few weeks of a successful Kickstarter campaign, members of the Mighty community can take part in a survey to help judge their overall priorities: difficulty balance, length vs. replayability, favorite features of older games and what you hate?things like that.

I guese this is the survey of collecting data what people want to see, or what they dont like (mostly the community managers job)

There hasn't been a single survey ever since the pledging was closed.

Plus most of the complaints regarding the community manager is pretty much gone for 2 reasons:

1. The people with the complaints are already gone from the forums, either by force or by choice.

2. Since there's a lack of activity in the forums, there isn't really a need for a community manager or moderator.

QuotePOLLS: From time to time, the team will ask the community to choose between ideas or characters they?ve come up with. For example, the first poll planned is to choose between several designs to pick the look for Beck?s trusted partner, Call. (That?s right: Beck & Call.)

I think this one is already furfilled

This is where "technicalities" come in.  There has only been 1 pole after several months into the project.  That does not follow the "from time to time" promise in my book.

QuoteCONTESTS: Later on in production, the team will hold a contest within the Mighty community to design an enemy! Come up with your coolest or craziest design and a fun way to sell the team and your fellow community members on it, and who knows?

Since there to busy with the game I think that one is on hold ?

Not that I care too much about the contest aspect of their promises, I honestly don't see why they don't start this up now.  Wouldn't they want the designer sooner than later?  Also, and unfortunately I can't find the source of this, but from what I recall someone made a promise that a contest was coming soon...sometime in December/January.  I'm fairly certain "soon" has passed.

QuoteAND ??? These are just a few of the ideas the team has already that all backers will have access to. (At higher pledge levels, more involved but necessarily-limited interactions like beta access and more are likewise possible.)

Game not beta yet.

Irrelevant to the issue(s) at hand.  Plus, I'm not some kind of an insanely unreasonable person to demand beta access to a game that isn't even close to that level.

GUnitCOlima

This forum was great the first few months.

Home15

Well I do agree there has been shortcommings, but   "I hope" they will pick it up once the ball starts rolling.

And no im not a backer, I was to late, didnt know abouth mighty n9 until it ended.

But seeing so many complaints abouth the official forums and the anounced CM Dina im almost happy I didnt.

As for polls abouth the dockter/proffesor, baddies non baddies is fun but not a real deal breaker if its not comming, im sure the designs would be great.

Im sure if it plays out some would be anoyed if "their" proffesor/baddie didnt win the poll and they had to see the one they didnt like ingame. (call F and E as a reference)

I just want to see more consistent updates, the apple april joke was nice but i expected a bit more then that.

Quattro Bajeena

Quote from: 56008"collecting the information and package them in a way to be researched"?  Are you referring to how Dina is collecting all of our suggestions and using that to come up with polls and surveys?

2 problems:

First, it's nice that they want get some ideas from us prior to asking us anything directly, but the information they're gathering are only from a handful of backers who use the forum.  Remember that only a small percentage of backers actually log into forums, and fewer actually talk about the game.  So perhaps the idea was a good one, it totally fails since they're not gathering information from the majority of the backers which really defeats the point.

And secondly, that's no excuse for not releasing other polls/surveys while they're working on those ones.  What happened to selecting the Doctor/Professor?  Similar to the Call polls, they could have easily made 2 polls out of that one.  How about polls based on the boss, such as their character design or attacks?  That's like at least 8 polls right there.  Look, just right there I came up with polls that easily covered the past few months of nothing!

I do believe I even demonstrated how easy it was to create a poll, though I'm sure it's long deleted for "slander" but they're working at a pace that would insult even a snail drenched in molasses, not to mention recently it came to the attention of a friend who alerted me that they have NO EMAIL AUTOMATION and refuse to acquire such a system

TheRaven

So we got a new update, believe it or not it showcases a new ROM build. Check out update 47 here:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... sts/805125

Looking at the screenshots the game is looking better and better. I'm definitely digging [spoilerbox]the underwater to frozen surface transition. We'll not only have to worry about navigating in a map with lower gravity, but right after we'll have to be careful we don't slide into enemies![/spoilerbox]

Home15

Screenshots where kinda hard to see, isnt there a video?

TheCloudyEye

No video yet. We are still bugging Comcept about this.

TheRaven

Let's hope they do make a video soon. I mean they made a video of the so called "update" that was a joke, plus we got to see a bit of the alpha. The screenshots are great but they definitely don't give us a great presentation. :\

TheCloudyEye

Update #48: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mi ... sts/816554

- Fan art show (as usual)

- Stage start phrase survey result:

Xel Transferring... Initiated! - 17.23%

Target Detected... Engage! - 26.66%

System Ready... Go! - 56.11%

- New contest: Support character naming and coloring: http://www.mightyno9.com/en/node/2529 (alt: http://mightyno9.com/en/node/2529)

TheRaven

I voted for Target Detected... Engage! but meh, System Ready...Go! is a great start phrase. Now if I can remember my log in details for the official forums that would be great... :V Hmm I wonder what a good name for the support character would be though...

Home15

I prefer Xel Transferring... Initiated!

Systems go is soooo american. and so overused, its not even remotly interesting.

Lienn

I voted on engage one...but all 3 actually were so-so at most. There were some SO nice, like one where the dude suggested something like this (i don't remember the exact words):

For Beck: Beck ready! Let's Rock!

For Call: Call ready! Let's Roll!

For Co-op: Everyone ready! Rock'n'Roll!

Still, they once again prefered sticking with the most uncreative options instead of trying something different...and backers did their part again, making sure to vote the most common and uncreative one. =/

TheRaven

Now that would have been much better than the options they had for us to vote on. I really like that, it's creative. Maybe someone could use it for their fan game or something... :V I also think it would have been better if they had a contest for beckers to create their own support character rather than having us color and name the support character. :\