Main Menu

Official Update Thread

Started by Weejus, February 22, 2014, 04:06:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

TheCloudyEye

TechnoWolf

Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"No more delay...

nuff said XD

TheCloudyEye

The game might be delayed, but Comcept has never failed to provide us with some kind of entertainment. Popcorn?

Man, I wonder how crazy the official forums are like now?....Unless it's still pretty much dead, just like with almost everything related to Mighty No 9.

TheCloudyEye

Barely breathing as always. The Kickstarter comment, on the other hand...

TechnoWolf

Well they deleted my "refund pl0x" comment, so that's how alive they are.

TheCloudyEye

Found something rather...interesting that I would like to share. Thanks to Mighty No. 42271 for the heads up:

http://www.usgamer.net/articles/the-whys-a...-of-mighty-no-9

Pretty old article so I think some people might've already seen it, but there's this one part that stands out from the rest:

"USG: I think a lot of people were actually surprised to hear that there was even a multiplayer component to the game, because they were really just thinking about Mighty No. 9 as a single-player game. Was there any consideration given to separating the multiplayer out and publishing the campaign on time, and then rolling out the online component as DLC? Kind of like Metal Gear Solid V, which debuted as a campaign and had Metal Gear Online launch a month later...  

Inafune: When the first possibility of the delay came up, there was definitely that consideration of [launching] with single-player only, and then patching in the multiplayer later on. We actually brought this up to Deep Silver, the publisher, and from their point of view, a business side point of view, this way of marketing the game is not going to end up well, business-wise.  

[Inafune's translator added the following information: When you release a game with single-player content only, you can only label that game as a single-player game when you do the certification to the first-party, the platform holders. So you cannot write "single-player/multiplayer" on the box or any other way to promote it, so it's only a single-player game. When that happens, the price will drop—we cannot price the game as a the single-player and multiplayer game, we can only price it as a single-player game.]  

So from that standpoint, Deep Silver's decision was to wait and get everything else together, everything that we've promised to backers and to the fans, and to start the sales from that point. That's the result of teaming up with a publisher to make the project bigger. If we were still just an independent developer and self-publishing this game, that option would definitely have been something we would have considered when we were struggling [with the bugs]."

And some people said getting a publisher on board wasn't a colossal mistake.

Feel free to share this anywhere you want.

TechnoWolf

I don't get it.

How is that "such a bad decision"...?

And where's the "it's Unreal Engine 3's fault" in all this ? Inafune's done shifting the blame. Again.

icannotdomyjob

Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"If we were still just an independent developer and self-publishing this game, that option would definitely have been something we would have considered when we were struggling [with the bugs]."

Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"would have considered
Yeah no. If it was a publisher issue, they would have said "would have taken" But they didn't take, they had already considered this route, and took it.

Ask yourself: why they even considered a publisher in the first place?

PS
was listening to this song when posting this.

TechnoWolf

Quote from: "icannotdomyjob"
Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"If we were still just an independent developer and self-publishing this game, that option would definitely have been something we would have considered when we were struggling [with the bugs]."

Quote from: "TheCloudyEye"would have considered
Yeah no. If it was a publisher issue, they would have said "would have taken" But they didn't take, they had already considered this route, and took it.

Ask yourself: why they even considered a publisher in the first place?

Money, money, money...

Quote from: "icannotdomyjob"
PS
was listening to this song when posting this.

OHW, one of my favourite remixes !