Main Menu

I hope its not short

Started by Home15, March 22, 2014, 07:29:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Home15

Megaman games have always been a breeze walk in the park, except for the old nes games.

Also the story where very short, plain and hardly any dialogue with any good meaning.

Will this be difrent? I just dont want to finish Mighty n9 in a couple of hours.

Lienn

Seeing how much ppl at official forum rejects pretty much every atempt of the community of asking deeper, improved gameplay, if the devs ever take this into consideration the game will have 0 story, being like classic MM games...you enter, beat the 8 bosses, beat the castle and that's it, w/o a single dialog box during the gameplay. =/

I really hope for a much deeper game tho. i've been asking for a while already the separation of arcade/classic mode (like NES MM...0 talk, 0 story...only a fast playthrough that takes like 3~min~1hr to beat) and story mode (WAY better developed plot, with proper dialogs, cutscenes, expanded maps to allow exploration, multiple characters, etc. All a good game deserves to have nowadays).

I personally wouldn't care if the arcade mode was beaten in 30 min as soon as the story mode made up for it! ^^ Unfortunately, even though we already poked them a few times about this (including at some mightycast questions) no dev actually commented about it so, right now, i wouldn't expect a game deeper than MMX.

TheRaven

I too hope that the game will have more of a storyline to it and I hope it's longer than the classic MM series. However seeing how this is the "successor" to Mega Man, I would assume it'll be quite similar to those games, but with different elements added in to make it slightly different but hey anything is possible and we'll just have to wait and see. :)

MechaGS

I'm hoping for more substance than what was available on the SNES, etc. In regards to that I'd also expect a much more fluid and built-up storyline for us to enjoy rather than the usual rag-tag method but I'm expecting something like Mega Man Zero at the moment in terms of story length.

Guess we'll see what happens but I would like to have more than just a typical MM style game since MN9 is meant to be a successor.

Home15

Why would any megaman fan would object to more content ?

Either the official forums have alot of trolls or they lacking any common sense.

Kinda like those people buying that metal gear "prelogue" demo for 40 $ wich you can finish in  10 minutes.  :beckangry

Lienn

Quote from: Home15Why would any megaman fan would object to more content ?

Either the official forums have alot of trolls or they lacking any common sense.

Kinda like those people buying that metal gear "prelogue" demo for 40 $ wich you can finish in  10 minutes.  :beckangry

I ask myself this quite often lol

Swan Dive

A little story would be great but for me, Megaman game types have always been about the game play.  With little teases of story in between the journey.  I imagine this game WILL be short though.  I can see it being beaten in under 5 hours normally, with replayability (difficulties, time attacks, etc.) options and achievements being available as time fillers.  Once the weaknesses are exposed an the boss order is known, it will probably be a snap.  Though I hope I'm wrong on that one..

One of the reasons I loved Zero's inclusion (apart from his bad ass personality, design, and beam saber) is because his game took more skill since you had to get up close to fight with button combos, like a Street Fighter game.  I died a lot while learning his play style, and it definitely was more time consuming to play as Zero, which I liked.  Megaman was very easy compared since he can fire far away (in my opinions).  I blazed through the MM games quite easily and my worse enemy was a spike trap, not an enemy robot. haha!

Home15

So speed runs finish a stage at lets round it up to 5 min, so a normal run would be like lets say 15 min

Now there 8 boses, thats 8x15m = 120m, then a intro stage +15m, boss level +60m.

So that comes out to 3hours and 15m to finish the game.

Satisfactory ?

TechnoWolf

Home15

I notice the N*2 and N*5 stage almost have NO hidden areas, only the most obvious ones, I hope they add places where you only can get to by using a Boss power you aquired.

Also so many bad players complain its to dificult while it so easy, I hope they dont nerf the dificulty for the rest of us, seems many people realy need to L2P.

And I cant hammer it on enough the stages are waaaaaay to short..

Some complain the water is slowing the "pace of speed" of the game, helloh? ya want to finish it in two minutes or something? ungh *headdesks*

TheCloudyEye

After watching some videos of people playing the beta, I would say that the length of the stage is about the same as in MMX1, but it feels much shorter due to the speed at which you can just blaze through the entire stage. Either the stages must be longer, or there must be more obstacles to slow you down.

[quote author="Home15" data-cid="11996" data-time="1411572813">

Also so many bad players complain its to dificult while it so easy

I would not jump to conclusion that fast, although it does not appear to be too difficult. Can't say anything 'til I actually play the game.

[quote author="Home15" data-cid="11996" data-time="1411572813">

I notice the N*2 and N*5 stage almost have NO hidden areas, only the most obvious ones, I hope they add places where you only can get to by using a Boss power you aquired.

Just my own opinion, but I feel that chances of them adding hidden areas/alternate routes are pretty slim.

Home15

Mighty n3 stage been released and it looks even shorter then the other stages lol

Also no hidden areas on that one either, looks kinda a disapointed stage overall, the music altho nice could have been more umf, still dislike the boss battle theme tho, nothing epic or suspese abouth it.

Somone finished the stage in 6 minutes... also the re-use of enemy robots is kinda meh wish each stage had there own unique enemy bots to fight with.

What do you guys think ?

icannotdomyjob

@Home15
Well, reading their latest update:

Quote from: "The Mighty No. 9 Team">Now get ready for your biggest challenge yet, as the beta is updated with its thirdb](and final)[/b] stage:
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/1017021

It looks like they are rushing. And looking at what we have been given with what's announced, I predict a delay.