Main Menu

So about the new kickstarter

Started by Home15, July 06, 2014, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Home15

Whats your opinion on it, also how is the official forums recieving this news.

IMO the english voiceover is kinda lacking any tempting of me to invest money in it, especialy since i cant acces the forums if I do.

shame.

TheRaven

Eh I think it's still too early for a animated television show... We don't exactly know each character's personalities yet, and I honestly can't think of any gaming franchise that's done this before. (You know, jumping the gun before anything related to said series is even released...) Plus Beck's voice reminds me somewhat of Mega Man's voice from Mega Man 8... Still I guess if it is funded I'll give the show a chance but I dunno about this... Also I can't really say what's been going on over at the official forums regarding this topic since I rarely log into my account over there...

Quattro Bajeena

Fool me once, shame one me, Fool me twice shame on you

MechaGS

I won't be giving a crap about a cartoon (not being targeted at the core fans) or voice actors (I love Megaman but the voice overs were always terrible). I don't see this being anything but a cop-out for more money.

I've honestly stopped caring at this point. If people want to spend their money, let them.

I have zero desire for English voice acting as it's usually not that very good for these type of projects. so paying for it is out of the question!  I mean, it's bad enough that I'm paying for unwanted audio tracks when I buy movies or animes so it's great that my initial investment is not going towards that (or at least that's what they're telling us).

At any rate, if enough people want it and support the idea then that's great.  Just hope that they make sure to include an option to turn it off for people like me.

TheCloudyEye

[quote author="Home15" data-cid="11399" data-time="1404687755">

Whats your opinion on it, also how is the official forums recieving this news.

IMO the english voiceover is kinda lacking any tempting of me to invest money in it, especialy since i cant acces the forums if I do.

shame.

How's the official forum receiving the news you ask? People agree, people disagree, people don't care, people don't know what the hell's going on and overall a crapload of confusion.

Lienn

VO doesn't appeal me at all...but i've been waiting they add this for a while already so i'm happy they finally did ^^ I guess VO was the first goal because it's something that has been asked/discussed for months at official forum so they pretty much testing the water to see how people react.

Hopefully it will go down soon enough so we can see if next goals are more appealing. ^^

TheCloudyEye

[quote author="Lienn" data-cid="11423" data-time="1404705126">

Hopefully it will go down soon enough so we can see if next goals are more appealing. ^^

Considering that pre-orders do not count toward the stretch goal, that's very unlikely.

Lienn

[quote author="TheCloudyEye" data-cid="11424" data-time="1404705280">

Considering that pre-orders do not count toward the stretch goal, that's very unlikely.

Well, they just starting. Hopefully they will add cheaper and more appealing rewards at funding group later. ^^ ...or add some more appealing goals past it ^^

icannotdomyjob

@Home15

Someone posted elsewhere backers' reactions to all of it. Their overall reaction surprised me.

My personal view:

Spoiler
I could not care less. If they had to appoint voice acting, I'd rather they do it like the old times:

If not, leave it voiceless, and subtitle it all.

But for now, it's just a regular paypal fund, not a Kickstarter.

Jagos

I'm trying to figure out why they even need VOs...

MN9 isn't a known commodity and it just seems that Inafune is trying to remake the success of Mega Man through his Comcept idea.

It's actually stupid.  He hasn't laid down the foundation and he's supported by the most HC of fans while sidestepping anything remotely responsible.

It's literally history repeating itself and it's very, very likely to smack this guy in the face.

icannotdomyjob

The reactions to the news outside is even more alarming:

https://encrypted.google.com/search?hl=en&q=mighty%20no%209%20another%20crowdfunding%20campaign

@Home15

There are some left on the Kickstarter's Post comment section:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/posts/901232#comments

And in the comments themselves:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/mightyno9/mighty-no-9/comments

You need to scroll through many of the posts, since the layout is new posts up top first

Home15

It would have been better if they made the 100.000 goal to "get to play all the calls" or a VS battle tournament.

But ehh... its like funding a DLC.

MechaGS

[quote author="Home15" data-cid="11432" data-time="1404726183">

It would have been better if they made the 100.000 goal to "get to play all the calls" or a VS battle tournament.

I'm "calling" it now. $500,000 for Call skins!

icannotdomyjob