Main Menu

So about the new kickstarter

Started by Home15, July 06, 2014, 11:02:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lienn

LOL really? Gonna pretend

[quote author="pewpew" data-cid="11451" data-time="1404757994">

Please, cite where you got this bit of information.

Experienced Business analysts would already have the shipping costs calculated looking at trends. Since everything is documented on Kickstarter and Paypal, they should have a very rough estimate on all shipping costs since the next day of funding. Additionally, they should have a shipping agency to ask for estimates immediately, and begin the process asking where to ship to.

Physical things need to be dealt with first before digital, since inflation is rampant on the shipping industry.

On the http://www.mightyno9universe.com/index.php?/topic/2497-so-abouth-the-new-kickstarter/page-2#entry11442">spoilered text.

It is, if they properly budgeted the project. They should have on demand contacts to ask for any price changes, and adapt accordingly. Experienced Analysts plan accordingly before a project even begins.

Risks are everywhere, even the moment you posted and read this. It still does not stop an Analyst to properly summon all clients, get estimates, learn shipping costs, ask addresses, and begin the shipping process as soon as possible, since shipping is a volatile industry.

Most importantly, if we had the finance sheets, this discussion would be very different, than just speculation

Side Comment:

Spoiler
I always review my sources before I post. It's preposterous to speak without proof. And search engines are plentiful for finding information without the need to cite facts these days.

LOL really? OK if you say so. Let's pretend we don't want to derail the topic even more and stop now before you complicate yourself even more. =P

Lienn

[quote author="TheCloudyEye" data-cid="11450" data-time="1404757682">

That only works on paper. In reality, that leftover pile could be used for many different purposes, not just fulfilling the rewards. Also, let's not forget that the cash they received for international shipping should be reserved for that purpose and not used for game development, but we don't know how much that is.

Indeed. That's exactly what i'm saying. It's a buffer...it pretty much works like a failsafe. That's why i doubt there would be any issue. Also, as i asked Nick yesterday exactly about this leftover (not related to rewards though...i actually wanted to know if it would be added to funding count) he said that, while there wouldn't have much left after having all survey business (aka rewards) done, even in a rough calculation (which always means everything rounded up) it still exists so the chance of something going wrong ranges from minimal to none at this point. 

Well a lot of what I wanted to point out has already been said, so I won't bother with a long winded post.

And I do understand the difference between having a "limited budget" and having "budget issues", but both of them can go hand in hand.  In this case, not properly budgeting what they fundraised (budget issue) led to being restricted and unable to follow through what they initially planned (limited budget).

But in all honesty, you standing up for them and me criticizing them just goes nowhere unless one of us get the hard facts on their budget plan.  It's just all speculation based on the current information we do have.

icannotdomyjob

@Lienn

Why do you think I am pretending? It's in the job description:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_analyst

http://www.whatdoesabusinessanalystdo.com/

http://www.cio.com/article/2436638/project-management/what-do-business-analysts-actually-do-for-software-implementation-projects-.html

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=What+business+analyst+do

Comcept should be able to properly assess their costs, plan for future events, and actually budget. Whether they have done it well or not, it can only be demonstrated on the finance sheets. Or are you doubting their competence?

And about derailment, it's fine, as long as the topic is not too divergent. In any case, any of the adminstrators can split up this thread, unlike another website.

Lienn

[quote author="pewpew" data-cid="11455" data-time="1404763797">

@Lienn

Why do you think I am pretending? It's in the job description:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Business_analyst

http://www.whatdoesabusinessanalystdo.com/

http://www.cio.com/article/2436638/project-management/what-do-business-analysts-actually-do-for-software-implementation-projects-.html

https://encrypted.google.com/search?q=What+business+analyst+do

Comcept should be able to properly assess their costs, plan for future events, and actually budget. Whether they have done it well or not, it can only be demonstrated on the finance sheets. Or are you doubting their competence?

And about derailment, it's fine, as long as the topic is not too divergent. In any case, any of the adminstrators can split up this thread, unlike another website.

I just noticed the typo. Please ignore the first "LOL really? Gonna pretend". My internet was acting up the last 2~3 replies so the quote addition was messed on them. 

icannotdomyjob

Ok, did I say I was done? Well, Comcept is now on my blacklist:

https://www.makuake.com/project/mightyno9/

If you cannot read nippon runes, it's a Kickstarter, but meant primarly for the Japanese audience. And still not a sound from comcept saying to backers: "Hey guys, we are making a Kickstarter like campaign for people in Japan. Show your support by spreading the news!"

Since they already did that:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/07056727.html

@Lienn

It's ok, it happens.  You can edit you posts here too without them bumping your post to the bottom, which is spectacular.

Lienn

Quote from: "pewpew" data-cid="11457" data-time="1404766852">

Ok, did I say I was done? Well, Comcept is now on my blacklist:

https://www.makuake.com/project/mightyno9/

If you cannot read nippon runes, it's a Kickstarter, but meant primarly for the Japanese audience. And still not a sound from comcept saying to backers: "Hey guys, we are making a Kickstarter like campaign for people in Japan. Show your support by spreading the news!"

Since they already did that:

http://www.famitsu.com/news/201407/07056727.html

@Lienn

It's ok, it happens.  You can edit you posts here too without them bumping your post to bottom, which is spectacular.

There's no point in editing a post that already was replied and yeah, i know how invision works. Thanks though. ^^

icannotdomyjob

@Home15

I guess there's a Japanese voice acting campaign just like Kickstarter, as you can read above.

Home15

[quote author="pewpew" data-cid="11459" data-time="1404774227">

@Home15

I guess there's a Japanese voice acting campaign just like Kickstarter, as you can http://www.mightyno9universe.com/index.php?/topic/2497-so-abouth-the-new-kickstarter/page-2#entry11457">read above.

So they asking a seperate 100.000 for japanese voice acting as well?

Or they going to use the 100.000 of the english voice money for the japanese ones too?

Im not sure what inafume is thinking, even lets say he says to us that the game will be made with evrything thats promised.

Adding  "extra" features in a seperate donation means the game will take "longer'" to complete, will also means it will cost alot more.

I have a feeling the voice overs where already in, but coverd so they can ask another freebie 100.000 $, but thats just a guese.

Or maybe mr Inafume should stop traveling around the world, would make his travel and staying expenses a hell of alot less...

icannotdomyjob

@Home15

Understanding the most recent posts by the producer of Mighty No. 9, and reading this campaign, the Makuake campaign is meant the Japanese voice acting only. The one in http://mightyno9.com/en/SUPPORT that's for English only voice acting. But in the English side, only the things marked under Funding are used to tally for the English voice acting campaign, i.e. $50.00 Digital Reward and $80.00 Steam Early Access.

If they don't make it in time, voice acting will not be available on the game. For the English VA campaign, no time limit has been specified, yet.

And your thoughts about it costing more and extending the delivery time are one of the many concerns many backers, and fans alike, have. When I initially backed the game, I thought it was gonna be just a cut and dry Megaman Zero like story, but Megaman X like gameplay. So I didn't ever see the need for voice acting.

Only a minority of forum users made threads about voice acting, and their desire to have it in the game. I am not so sure how it was concluded that the majority of backers were interested in voice acting, esp. for a game like this. As you can already tell, no real feedback was made to ask if it was desired, and if it should be the first "stretch goal".

But the game is not even 40% done from the last few bits of information: Mighty No. 2 and Mighty No.5 stage have been completed, but they are still working on the other 6 plus the 3 final stages, the CoOp games, and any unfinished things, like sound effects, music, and voice acting (if it was even required).

The other comment about traveling the world, is a gripe some people have, since it's all news pitching. This reveal in the Anime Expo, was not even announced to backers whatsoever, so bacekrs could look out or prepare for it. I'd prefer he does regular skype or twitch interviews in this digital age. But news pitching comes first, I guess.

Home15

@Backer

Will they reimburse the cash if they dont meet said target?

Also voice acting would be nice but not a neccesity, he's a robot so having a robot like voice like glados in portal 2 sorta would fit it more, so it wouldnt require ridiculous expensive profesionels to do so.

I want a VS battle arena against other players online instead then silly voice overs tbh.

As a side note Im one of those that missed on the first KS project, so this new "chance" was awesome, untill....I found out that i wont have a "mighty number" and have "no acces to the forums"

So i rather wait for the game comes out and pay then, cause the digital goodies dont realy tempt me so much.

icannotdomyjob

@Home15

For the English campaign, I do not think so. But the Japanese one, if they don't make their goal in the 113 days left since I posted this, then the money is returned, just like in Kickstarter

About the expense in voice acting, well, there are backers that are willing to voice act for free, so the potential of getting a better deal is there, than at 100k.

And yeah, I am with you on the battle arena idea. But that might be the next game, or DLC. There are several threads and riddled posts about having Beck fight all his siblings in the coloseum at the same time, as the ultimate boss gauntlet. If that comes out, I would be extremely delighted.

On that sidenote

Yeah, I am sadden about that. But the real reason for that is their poor implementation and maintenance of the forum and it's software, when trying not to include the post funders with mighty numbers. Comcept wants the mighty numbers to be an exclusive thing for the PAX 2013 attendees, his employees, and Kickstarter Backers. They are unfortunately treating this funding as a preorder service.

The one good digital reward I want is the OST. Seeing that they have Manami Matsumae and Ippo Yamada on board for this rock like game, I had to get copy of that OST. And the samples so far have settled it for me that the OST will be beautifully choreographed.

Lienn

[quote author="Home15" data-cid="11467" data-time="1404810479">

@Backer

Will they reimburse the cash if they dont meet said target?

Also voice acting would be nice but not a neccesity, he's a robot so having a robot like voice like glados in portal 2 sorta would fit it more, so it wouldnt require ridiculous expensive profesionels to do so.

I want a VS battle arena against other players online instead then silly voice overs tbh.

As a side note Im one of those that missed on the first KS project, so this new "chance" was awesome, untill....I found out that i wont have a "mighty number" and have "no acces to the forums"

So i rather wait for the game comes out and pay then, cause the digital goodies dont realy tempt me so much.

Anything funded on this second funding will be added to the game. If not at release then as DLC later on so no risk of release delays due new content. Nick also stated that if it happens of no goal be reached, one of these 2 cases may happen:

a) If close enough, they will save money from another feature to cover the goal and add regardless.

b) If not close enough, they will redirect the funds to enhance other features of the game or add cheaper stuff.

About the rewards, indeed no forum access is a bummer but no mighty No. is kinda meh. Stillif you still think the game is interesting enough, why not getting it now? Seems like this new funding may be taken as DLC content funding since they were specific that backers will receive the features free of charge so getting it now may end as something rewarding if they add cooler goals after VA. If you still not convinced, wait a bit more to see what else they have to offer. Maybe even different/more appealing pre-order/funding options become available later on.

And ppl is going crazy about Versus mode and Co-op at official goal suggestion topic so i can see them being added to the list pretty soon since both are somewhat easy to do! ^^ I'm one supporting those too, even though my main target is Echo! Finally the scenario i was expecting for her rise is ready! >:D

Let the summoning ritual begin! /o/

Home15

Seems they have merged the japanese and english vocals making the target a whoping 200.000 $ asking price, wow...

a) If close enough, they will save money from another feature to cover the goal and add regardless.

They shouldnt touch the money from other features, people backed those features, would be a insult to take funds just cause inafume wants voices.

b) If not close enough, they will redirect the funds to enhance other features of the game or add cheaper stuff.

I think B should be the way to go.

And ppl is going crazy about Versus mode and Co-op at official goal suggestion topic

Co-op is already in unless they took those funds from the main kickstarter, but yes adding a "arena 1 vs 1 / 2vs2 etc" would have been more apealing.

But like i said its kinda funding a DLC in some ways, so thats a big no no imo.

Jagos

Weird... 87 people have already contributed $2700 USD?

Japan's been going through a recession for the past 30 years and this is a pretty large amount.

Not saying that the books are cooked, but this is indeed odd.

I can understand a lot of people paying $35 for the second tier of prizes, but he expects to make all the money from just three tiers for an animated series?