Main Menu

What did I miss

Started by Home15, July 12, 2015, 10:48:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Home15

If been gone for a year I think, anything new dramatica happend at the official Mightyn9 forums?
I also notice inafune isnt getting his dollas for his new "demo prologue" kickstarter wich he woud use  for advertisment to big companies.

Or am I wrong.

TechnoWolf

yup.

Two kickstarters to revive Megaman Legends but no sheckels this time. Wonder if it has anything to do with how well managed the first kickstarter turned out to be.

Sad Inafune is sad.

On a lighter note : [strike]Comcept fired Dina[/strike] she quit.

Also Capcom is willing to port Megaman 1 ~ 6 to PS4, XbONE & PC, a port made by somebody who justifies his incompetence by "we wanted to preserve the game as their originally was" (so, yeah, 1080p 60FPS but slowdowns & sprite flickering); also someone who has very unbiased & professionnal statements about Gamergate (seriously, even I did a better job at it).

Home15

Meh ya could play the old games with a emulator and do graphical plugins, why would i spend my money on ancient games.

Industry these days always leaning to get a quick rehash buck instead of lisening to their costumers.

I personaly dont like keji anymore his concept is medioric at best, he doesnt realy program or work on the game at all, just advice and promote his new creation.

To think the people that build the game, programers, art designers, music
While they do the work, inafune  walks with the golden feathers, while he did actualy nothing at all.

TechnoWolf

This is often what happens in the vidya industry.

Home15

I guese since the forum change evryone started to disapear.
Because my old threads are still at the main page lol

Home15

I might go to bloodstainend forums, theres a fan one, but i read there will be a official one, dunno if i should go, maybe it be more alive.

TheCloudyEye

Other than the stuff TechnoWolf already said, there has been some drama involving the deal with Deep Silver regarding the signature edition and the European release date. That's all I gathered, since I've been away for just as long as you are.

Quote from: "Home15"I guese since the forum change evryone started to disapear.
Well, that's true I guess. This place is pretty much dead now.

Edit: Just checked the Bloodstained forum, it sure looks a lot more lively there.

TechnoWolf

There's nothing we can do about this forum, maybe their owner will come back eventually near MN9's release.

About the other forum... weeellll ... its life strongly depends on how excited people are & will remain about Bloodstained.

Personnally I am not excited a bit : it felt too much like a bad remake of the Mighty N°9 fiasco, only with another franchise I love. I might be wrong, maybe the game'll be good, but I'm not betting on it.

TheCloudyEye

Quote from: "TechnoWolf"Personnally I am not excited a bit : it felt too much like a bad remake of the Mighty N°9 fiasco, only with another franchise I love. I might be wrong, maybe the game'll be good, but I'm not betting on it.
Yeah, that's exactly why I did not back it, even though I really love Castlevania. It got all the red flags of MN9 like using pretty concept art to bait people, and then more. The game is being made by Inti Create using UE4, and if MN9 is any indication, it's gonna end up butt ugly. And then there's Deep Silver's involvement, which means there's gonna be a "signature edition" not available for backers. Not to mention that the reward tiers of Bloodstained are terrible, even worse than MN9 (you get practically nothing at $5, and at least $100 to get your name in the credit <---wtf?) - too many red flags with this one. Let's just see how it turns out, but I'm not holding my breath.

The memory of this... So ironic...

TechnoWolf

This .gif of MN9 reminds me of the last trailer we recieved in France, in which someone should have died at least twice. There's a moment he jumps on a car, and lands at the very end of it, like.... he should have fallen & died. But nope.

Home15

I guese if they made mighty n9 a bit more cellshaded, and made the backgrounds more alive it be alot better.

Thats why i like castlevania more then megaman, castlevania had those special extra things, like a rat coming out a hole, a raven with a birdnest, a stray cat, bats flying in the distance in the clouds, silly things that makes a game more alive.

Megaman on the other hand is too steril, i feel inafune isnt creative enough, sure he knows gameplay, robot designs, but he lacks the feel of making a game alive. IMO

TheCloudyEye

Quote from: "Home15"I guese if they made mighty n9 a bit more cellshaded, and made the backgrounds more alive it be alot better.
Or better yet, made it entirely 2D like it's supposed to be.

Quote from: "Home15"Thats why i like castlevania more then megaman, castlevania had those special extra things, like a rat coming out a hole, a raven with a birdnest, a stray cat, bats flying in the distance in the clouds, silly things that makes a game more alive.

Megaman on the other hand is too steril, i feel inafune isnt creative enough, sure he knows gameplay, robot designs, but he lacks the feel of making a game alive. IMO
The Zero and ZX games have some little background stuff like that, but it's nowhere near as lively or atmospheric as Castlevania. Iga knows how to breathe life into his game.

Home15

This is a common misconception.
Its neither Iga (and infaune as well for that matter) that breath life in their games.

Its the coders, the art designers, the music composers etc etc.

Basicly what infanue as wel as iga do now is watching it from the sideline and give pointers.

The others that actualy make the game dont get the credit they deserve.

TechnoWolf

Quote from: "Home15"This is a common misconception.
Its neither Iga (and infaune as well for that matter) that breath life in their games.

Its the coders, the art designers, the music composers etc etc.

Basicly what infanue as wel as iga do now is watching it from the sideline and give pointers.

The others that actualy make the game dont get the credit they deserve.

This !

Home15

I have a feeling red ash wont get funded, wich i personaly feel its a good thing.